Go Down

Topic: C/C++ Course Specifically for Arduino programming (Read 18987 times) previous topic - next topic

Eddiie

econjack

@Edie: The book is specifically written for the person with absolutely no programming experience and concentrates on the Arduino version of C (e.g., no double data type). The second edition edition has a chapter at the end of the book titled A Gentle Introduction to Object Oriented Programming and C++. There is no way to teach C++ in one chapter, but it slants the narrative to understanding why most Arduino libraries are written in C++ and how to understand the syntax used in those libraries.

A good way to judge the book's effectiveness is to read its reviews. I am totally biased towards the book since I am the author. Terry, who commented earlier, made notable improvements in the book, which is one reason I encourage people to make sure they get the 2nd edition.

RuskinF

There are various Youtube and other resources available for learning C/C++ programming in Arduino like ones made available by Derek Banas, Programming Electronics Academy and the Arduino Class
You can get books as well for learning C/C++ programming if you learn better through texts.
I think people have already mentioned them in the comments.
Peace.

Go Up