Go Down

Topic: Disable all external Interrupt except UART AND USART interrupts (Read 750 times) previous topic - next topic

redflood

Dear everyone,
I have two problems as below:
How can I disable all external interrupts except UART AND USART interrupts when using Arduino Due?
And how can I reset an IO to initial state (Not Input and Output mode)?
Please help me to solve that problems, thank you!

ard_newbie

You are supposed to know what your code is doing, i.e. what interrupts have been enabled in which peripheral.

E.g. for UART:

You have somewhere :

UART->UART_IER = ......;

NVIC_EnableIRQ(UART_IRQn);

Conversely, if you have enabled somewhere an interrupt for TC0 and you don't need it anymore, you can write this:

NVIC_ClearPendingIRQ (TC0_IRQn);

NVIC_Disable IRQ(TC0_IRQn);

However, Systick or Hardfault interrupts will still fire.

If you have an external interrupt with an attachinterrupt() somewhere, you can disable it with a detachinterrupt().

I guess you could even use a noInterrupts(); to stop peripheral interrupts and write e.g.:
NVIC_EnableIRQ(UART_IRQn);  and NVIC_EnableIRQ(USART0_IRQn); to select interrupts from UART and USART0.

For PIO, they are in Input state enable by default.

redflood

Hi ard_newbie,
Thank for your reply,
Firstly, I configured an external interrupt on a Pin for capturing a pulse (almost 0.01-1Mhz), and also configure a USART2 to communicate with another board.
Everything is fine (communication and capturing pulse) if the input pulse at low frequency (0.01-0.1 Mhz), but when the pulse at high frequency (0.1-1Mhz) then I can not communicate with other board.

If I don't configure to capture the pulse, the communication is fine also (even though the input pulse at high frequency). Then I am doubting about I did not detach interrupt pin in a right way.
I only used detachInterrupt(pin) but it does not solve my problem, then I also try to set the pin for capturing pulse to output mode, however no luck!.

Code: [Select]
detachInterrupt(pin);
pinMode(pin, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(pin, LOW);

After reading your reply,
I tried

Code: [Select]
noInterrupts();
detachInterrupt(pin);
pinMode(pin, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(pin, LOW);
NVIC_EnableIRQ(USART2_IRQn);
Serial2.println(bf0);
interrupts();

Can you give me a suggestion to solve this problem

ard_newbie

Although you didn't post all your code, at 1 MHz, you fire your attached interrupt every 1 us. Meanwhile, a Serial.println can take about 1 ms.
You should use a Timer Capture instead and avoid Serial printing at every pulse edge.  Buffer your results and at the end of your experiment, print only what is necessary.

Go Up