Go Down

Topic: Fresh start with libraries (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic

bigone5500

Is there a way to remove all libraries and start over? I am having so much trouble with getting a sketch to work with my 20x4 lcd and am unsure which library to use.

DangerToMyself

Is there a way to remove all libraries and start over? I am having so much trouble with getting a sketch to work with my 20x4 lcd and am unsure which library to use.
If on Windows, the file is in My Documents/Arduino/ . Look for a "libraries" folder and rename it. Anyway, I believe that is what I did a while back when I had issues. There may be another step in there. If there is, someone will pipe up.

DangerToMyself

I should add, that is where the libraries you added are located. Those that came with your Arduino software are in a different folder. Which, I think, is the same folder you installed it in.

ballscrewbob

Aug 30, 2017, 05:27 am Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 05:27 am by ballscrewbob
Danger is correct there are two folders.

One is in sketches as mentioned and sketches could be in a different location if you specified it to be elsewhere.

And the other as also mentioned is in the install directory D:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries

Custom libs usually go in the lib folder inside sketches folder.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up