Go Down

Topic: touch board - how to create piano midi keyboard with more than 11 notes (25?) (Read 657 times) previous topic - next topic

klezmo

Hallo

I dont know if my question has already been discussed in any thread? If

I am music teacher (germany) at a high school -I am looking for an "low tech" way to create a
selfmade piano midi keyboard with more (!) than 11 notes. I intend to use it regulary in the classroom (for every pupil / desk in a classroom). My intention is to find for a creative way teaching and discovering some issues in music theory (scales, chords, intervalls etc.)

So two weeks ago I bought a new Touch board (bare conductive), which has an integrated Midi generator, but I is limited ti max 11 Notes (pins=notes) and started to make my first steps in this very new field. (Anyway: I  just succeeded in programming the sketch "midi piano" in the library so that my first drwan keyboard can play different types of scales i.e. dorian, bluesscale etc.)

My question:
Is it possiblible to enlarge this row of notes to a number of 25 notes by programming my single touchboard in a special way (without connecting a second board to the first)?

Is there any other controller to manage this problem?

Thanks

Reiner

Grumpy_Mike

Is it possiblible to enlarge this row of notes to a number of 25 notes by programming my single touchboard in a special way
Sorry but no.

Using the capsense libiary to make digital I/O pins into touch sensor pins is not reliable enough for you.

You will have to add extra boards, not necessarily the same board again but other chips to give more capacitave sensors.

Go Up