Go Down

Topic: Genuino Brand (Read 59308 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

and of course it is a PAY system too so YES they make money from software on that side of things.
I stand corrected.

I do hope they have better service for the paying customers.

At the same time I am disappointed that what started as an Open Source concept is becoming commercialized.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ballscrewbob

Large AMAZON T3 cluster servers do cost big money and its not the whole ecosphere Robin.

Think its pretty safe to say most regular desktop users wont see much change for the foreseeable future.
The cost IIRC is also quite low but multiplied by users in a classroom will add up over time.
last I saw (some time ago) it was less than $1 a month per user.
Think there was also room for bulk negotiations too ?

There were some teething issues but not seen anything for quite some time since they went to a higher bandwidth ($$$)

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Robin2

Thanks for the update.

I guess my concern is not over how much it would cost the user - who can choose not to use it. Rather my concern is whether the profit will distract the management from the Open Source approach.

But life is like that.  :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up