Go Down

Topic: Version 1.8.5 application will not open (Read 968 times) previous topic - next topic

rlmonk

I downloaded the Windows Zip file of version 1.8.5 to operating system Window 7 Professional.  After allowing a normal Zip to create files and directories, I get the following message:

Your copy of the IDE is installed in a subfolder of your sketchbook.  Please move the IDE to another folder.

I moved the application file one subdirectory up and received the following message:

This application was configured to use a bundled Java Runtime Environment but the runtime is missing or corrupted.

The driver for Version 1.8.5 installed properly.

Please assist,
R Monk

PS.  Had similar messages on Version 1.8.4 and it's driver would not load.

ballscrewbob

It does sound like you installed it wrongly.

Some help on clean up attached.

The ZIP file is often best moved to a better location (windows normally defaults to "downloads")

I move my zip installs to my D: drive and unzip it to its own folder.
Then I just set up a shortcut to it.

As for drivers it is often better to turn off driver signing.
Also watch out for any over zealous security software you may have installed
Often better to turn off for a full install or add the unzipped location to the security software's EXCLUSIONS list.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up