Plea and Community Opinion - Arduino OS/OSJS versus OpenWRT-Yun

Hi,

I am guessing this is a hot topic (or not) within the Arduino team after the reconciliation following the feud. I think you have to make a decision on which direction to take with the Yun and related products, so I hope other members of the community will pitch in and give their $0.02 to help you decide.

I just want people from this community and from other products such as the Tian, etc. to have their say now or forever hold their peace, so flames to /dev/null pls.

As a long time user of Arduino, albeit a relatively new member of this forum community, I am extremely worried about the direction of this product line because I am basing a very important product design of my company on the Yún and Yún-like family of products.

Coming originally from the beautiful and stable 1.6.2 of the Yún Shield , I was appalled at Arduino OS 2.x based on OSJS on the Yún.

So my plea and vote is for you guys to follow the OpenWRT-Yun path (small incremental lightweight hacks on Luci) instead of the OS JS path and take the whole Yún platform and related products (e.g. Tian) to the direction of 1.6.2 of the Yún Shield instead of the Arduino OS 2.x direction with the OSJS Desktop.

I really hope other members will pitch in their thoughts on this.

Sincerely,
Alex

I would like to add a +1 to this post. I am invested in the Yun family and I want it to succeed.

hello

I have 3 Arduino.org Yun and several Arduino.cc Yun Shield.

I would much rather see a move to OpenWRT than anything else.

I have serious reservations about using anything from doghunter or linino.org since both domains are controlled by a person no longer associated with Arduino in anyway.

I do not want a bunch of Arduino bricks.