Go Down

Topic: bad questions... (Read 7080 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

The insufficiently described, not-enough-data questions are not half as frustrating as the occasion equivalents of "I want to program a Due without using the childish Arduino Framework.  Do I need to upgrade to Windows10, or can I use my windows8 system?"  Sigh.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dannable

Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

Coding Badly

Do I need to upgrade to Windows10, or can I use my windows8 system?
To which a reasonable reply might be, "Oh, dude.  You are so out of luck.  You are going to need Multics.  That's the only way to program a Due if you are not going to use the Arduino Framework."

ardly

Bad Question: What do you call a clairvoyant midget who just broke out of prison?
:
:
:
Bad Answer: A small medium at large
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

wilykat

"This no work, need help!"

Seen this too often.  9 out of 10 times it's ID-10-T error caused by PEBCAK.

westfw

"This no work, need help!"
I find the "I don't know what I'm doing" questions to be MUCH less frustrating than the "*I* know what I'm doing! Let me ask this question that shows pretty concretely that I'm clueless" type questions.

Robin2

I find the "I don't know what I'm doing" questions to be MUCH less frustrating than the "*I* know what I'm doing! Let me ask this question that shows pretty concretely that I'm clueless" type questions.
Like the ones that say "My wiring is perfect, what's wrong with my code"

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Robin2

The other ones I like are those who reckon the problem is due to a bug in the compiler (rather than in their own code).

What a waste of brain energy :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

darthclueless

The Arduino bar is today a sad place to come and drink.

You've linked many threads in this thread, Cross roads thread that he took the piss out of he never posted to help on?

This is NOT what MAKERS are ABOUT shame on you for being human.

DC

CrossRoads

If I have nothing to offer, I don't reply to a post.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

darthclueless

If I have nothing to offer, I don't reply to a post.
good on you as a MOD, AWOL will sit in and take the piss out of noobs 'coz he can'

This is the bar and we can say what we want right?

I love Adruino and wish it all to be constructive, which it is often not with new threads.

let's all have another beer, and then I'll go post a 'how to use a GOTO statement" just to see the angry colours of Arduino geeks xoxox...

AWOL

Noobs have nothing to worry about from me.

The lazy or the wilfully stupid, OTOH . . .

darthclueless

Noobs have nothing to worry about from me.

The lazy or the wilfully stupid, OTOH . . .
poster, please could I have an easy to understand answer?

OWAL...Macro zx good night! SMH!

AWOL

An example?

Sure: only today, a student who had a load of help from other members with their assignment, asked the mods to remove the thread, so that their teacher wouldn't see it.

I think that ticks (checks, for the Atlantically-challenged) both "lazy" and "wilfully stupid" boxes don't you?

Go Up