Go Down

Topic: bad questions... (Read 7116 times) previous topic - next topic

Delta_G

Nov 13, 2017, 02:32 pm Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 02:32 pm by Delta_G
You bring up a lot of points that make me think you are defending this cheat without having actually looked at the thread.  I know you didn't see the nature of the PMs he sent me.  But I don't think you read the thread at all.  Now that the OP changed the first post I don't know that you can possibly get the idea of what he was up to.  But trust me, this one deserves no defense.  This wasn't some poor student looking for help that got shut on. This was an outright cheat who got what he deserved. 

Please don't make up excuses for him without at least reading the thread first and seeing if those are founded. 

You mention that maybe he isn't an English speaker.   Well he seemed to do pretty well in the thread and is going to an American university so I think we can assume he is at least good enough at English to understand what we said to him.

You say we have little clue to the context of the question but that is patently false.  We knew exactly the context of the question because the OP said flat out that he was late on his assignment and didn't have time and wanted someone to give him an answer so he wouldn't fail the assignment.  Context doesn't get any clearer than that.  Then he PMed me not to waste his time trying to teach him to please just write the code and send it to him.  So you need to get your facts straight on context.  There was no doubt about the context here. 

As for your bullying analogy, no that isn't accurate at all.  This wasn't some doe eyed noob that we were picking on.  We didn't pull out some BS reason as you say.  This was someone trying to take advantage of us who got it fed back to him. 

If you're going to try to defend this dipshit, then please at least go find out what actually happened instead of inventing a scenario in your head that couldn't be further from the truth and then berating us for your imagination.  THAT IS textbook bullying. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

AWOL

Just in case anyone is in any doubt, here's the text of the "Report to moderator"
Reported by <name removed to protect the guilty> on 05-11-2017, 14:01:58. They left the following message:

Can you please delete this thread? I don't want my teacher to see this thread.

Delta_G

You didn't remove it did you?  I sent his teacher an email telling him where to look. 

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

AWOL

Qdeathstar

Nov 13, 2017, 04:47 pm Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 04:48 pm by Qdeathstar
Msssltd, bro, pal, dude.... speaking of trolls you gotta be the biggest one here.  Delta-G might belt out a one liner now and again but you have written an entire article of nonsense meant to stir up flames. Please.

A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Delta_G

At least when I turn loose on someone I try to know what is actually going on first. 

ardly

..... and is going to an American university
I thought it was a kid! If an adult goes into a room full of strangers they need to mind what they do till they know the rules.

I sent his teacher an email telling him where to look
I don't think there was any trolling or bullying going on but maybe that was going a bit far. Then again trying to pay to have an assignment done is a bit blatant somehow it seems worse than just pleading to be given a solution.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

Delta_G

maybe that was going a bit far
If you had seen the PM exchange you wouldn't think so. 

msssltd

You bring up a lot of points that make me think you are defending this cheat without having actually looked at the thread.
Strange that, I said virtually nothing about the OPs behaviour.  I read what was left of the thread.   I neither condone nor defend the OPs behaviour.   I am attacking the trolling.

What you might be struggling with is my difference of opinion.  A kid copying a homework assignment bothers me, hardly at all.  Trolling, I can't stand, it's poison in my opinion.

You mention that maybe he isn't an English speaker.
Different thread.  You can scroll back and do your own research.  No bother.

You say we have little clue to the context of the question but that is patently false.
The written word is famous for it's lack of context.  It's pointless trying to argue that might not be the case.  You did not think to ask 'why' he was late with his assignment.  A pretty vital contextual aspect.  Whatever the reason, it doesn't really change my opinion of the trolling.

As for your bullying analogy, no that isn't accurate at all...This was someone trying to take advantage of us who got it fed back to him.
But...But...  First you blame your target and then you claim you were victimised.  As I said, it is all so tragically predictable.

If you're going to try to defend this dipshit,
I am not trying to defend him.  I am objecting to the ganging up, the gloating and the back slapping.  I trust I have made that clear.

THAT IS textbook bullying.
Ooh reflection.  Honestly, it's like ticking boxes.  Bring on the singling out and ad hominem abuse.

Coding Badly

What a big man you are.
...for trying to claim the moral high ground using an account with a sexist avatar.

Yup.  There is no doubt.  The way you have managed your avatar fits the dictionary definition of "sexist".

Yup.  There is no doubt.  By presenting yourself as a moral authority your overall behaviour fits the dictionary definition of "hypocrite".

I guess that makes you a "sexist hypocrite".

And, given your position on bullying I have no doubt you will immediately stop the passive bullying of women.

However, given the fact you are a sexist hypocrite I suspect you will defend (rationalize) yourself then refuse to act.

Boardburner2

bad questions...

Does my arse look big in this  :)

Delta_G

Nov 13, 2017, 08:50 pm Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 08:51 pm by Delta_G
Maybe I shouldn't have called it "trolling" him and just said I gave him his come-uppance.  msssltd seems to have an issue with the word troll, but has yet to point out anything untoward that I've done to the little cheat. 

If telling the teacher that someone is cheating is somehow bullying, then that's a new one on me.  I guess if you tell the teacher that another student is bullying you then that counts as bullying the bully?  That hardly sounds right. 

You've used, again, several words that just don't add up with what happened.  Where was the ganging up? 

You're right.  I didn't ask why.  The OP didn't leave much doubt about what had happened there.  Again, you have to understand that there was a whole PM chain you missed. 

If you want to keep bullying me by berating me over things that didn't happen then I shall be forced to call you out as a bully and a troll msssltd. 

All I did was to notify his instructor that he was cheating.  Nothing personal was ever said.  Although you seem to have no trouble taking things personal here. 

I'm sorry that your bleeding heart was so damaged by a cheat getting caught.  But you really need to work on your definition of bully if that's what you think happened here.

Please point out the bully part.  Or get the hell over yourself and your (hypocritical) moral rant. 

Qdeathstar

Remember kids, don't feed the trolls.
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Robin2

I think it is time for a Moderator to lock this Thread,

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up