NMEA 2000 Shield

timolappalainen:
About other sensor. The problem with counting is syncronizating system. I used external counter chip, but actually still better may be just measure time between pulses. GEMS FT-210 provides maximum 150 * 22000 /3600 = 917 p/s, which is not much - 1 ms / p ans so could be measured by using us timer. There is also FreqCounter and FreqMeasure libraries for Teensy.

You still have not answered how much your engine will take fuel / hour. Also it is important that does it have only one fuel line or like I have 2 - one for in and one for return. So I need two sensors and need to calculate difference.

I figured out now how this would work with using the time between the pulses instead. Thats why I came to the conclusion that the flow sensor I have do not fit at all since it would need about 25 seconds to get a puls at a rate of 1L/hr. I was thinking about to block all counting until it reaches about 4-5 L/hr, but this wouldnt be effective since I wanted this sensor data because I would like to use the calculation functions of my MFD when it comes for example to if I would have enough fuel to come to the next waypoint and so on. So it wouldn`t make sense if I do not have the data down to the minimum of use of fuel from the engine.

However, I will start over again and take out the fuel tank level, for now, just to have more overview and it is better to get one by one working before I start combining everything. The new sensor should arrive may tomorrow so I can test a bit.

I also need to get the heading data out of a Bosch BNO055. This looks complicated for me so I even didn`t try it yet. I bought that sensor once to create a DIY automatic control for the trimtabs. I understood fast to drop that completely for a longer period. :slight_smile: