Go Down

Topic: Cant upload sketch to Arduino Mega (Read 3049 times) previous topic - next topic

Lompje

Hi all

So, I was experimenting with Serial communication between two arduino's, and being in the test-phase, i uploaded some code to my Mega, and now its stuck :p

So basically, i said:

if(Serial)
send(char)

and now, everytime i plug in my Mega, it just begins sending these chars. Problem is, i cant upload any code now, because the serial port is busy...

Any ideas?

thanks!

Lompje

Ok, so since posting this, i have been able to upload a sketch that would just blink some leds, and it did just that,
so i thought this problem was fixed. But now, i have the same problem.
I still cant upload any sketch and while trying, the blinking of the leds stops for a few seconds. Then i get the error message (avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout) and it starts blinking again....

ballscrewbob

If you have one working board you could use that to re-upload a bootloader to the other JIC it got corrupted somehow.

Look up ISCP Arduino for how to do that as there are plenty of working examples.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up