Go Down

Topic: Daft Punk Helmet 6 strips 20 RGB in each WS2812 (Read 507 times) previous topic - next topic

Acewindel

Nov 15, 2017, 01:39 pm Last Edit: Nov 15, 2017, 01:47 pm by Acewindel
Hello just got into Arduino looked at a few posts i have basic understanding of wiring but not very good at code. making a fancy dress Daft Punk helmet trying to get battery operated RGB WS2812 lights going really.

Issue 1
I love the MD_MAX LED Demo real and the Fast LED stuff but i can only find examples of a single RED dot moving. Ideally i need to have all 6 strips mirroring the same codes i have found the Fast led Mirror code but i can't seam to past the code into the Fast led other examples and get it to work.

Issue 2
Power ! not sure on how much i need to run 120 LED's the code i run on just one strip seams to make the Arduino struggle, how many amps (batteries and what type do i need to get all 6 strips fully lit and strobing and showing them wonderful patterns). I am curently using 6 AA 1.5 volt batteries 2500mh). any helps would be great.

Cheers
in advance

Grumpy_Mike

how much i need to run 120 LED's
Each LED can take a maximum current of 60mA so that will be 7.2A, so for 6 strips that will be 43A.

However you might want to run them not so bright to get the current down. At half brightness, that is a value of 128 for each R, G & B then the current drops by half, to 30mA.

As to the code, stop looking for something someone has already made and learn to program it yourself. It is not as hard as you think.

Acewindel

Thanks ill look more into the codeing side i managed to change the colour of the dot now just need to make them all change colour, Cheers

Ace

Go Up