Go Down

Topic: Can I tell the uploader to use another area to store the program (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

KG_DK

I have two DUE, where I got an error when uploading. I have uploaded max 500 programs to them, but in order to check, if the programmemory is defect, I would like to use another part of the memory for my program.
Is it possible to tel the uploader to use another part of the memory?
And if yes how!

pert

Even though you're not asking for help with the upload error, it still might be useful to provide the error message for context:
I have a DUE, whitch until now worked well, but now I can't upload the SW to the board.
When trying to upload, it say:

Send auto-baud
No device found on COM10
Set binary mode
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Delta_G

No, it's not possible.  But if you shared your error with someone who knows about these things then they might be able to tell you what went wrong and  you wouldn't could solve it by what it told you instead of some experiment. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

KG_DK

I have posted the error here:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=512951.0

(More:Modify used to add url & /url tags to make the link clickable - Moderator)

rogertee

if you use this web site and look up progmem you will find info for storing data  to eprom ,flash and sram on arduino there is a header file you include at the beginning of your sketch look under learning tab reference

KG_DK

OK, but my problem is not space in the RAM or PROGMEM, but to upload anything to the processor.

Delta_G

Your problem is that you were asked to provide the error and you instead linked to another thread.  So you're either breaking rules by having two threads on one topic or you have just posted the error somewhere else.  Most folks are coming by, seeing that, too lazy to copy and paste it since you didn't make it clickable, and they're moving on to another thread.  If you want help then it is a good idea to make things as easy as you can for the people you want help from. 

Post your error message here would be a good idea.
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

UKHeliBob

No device found on COM10
Even if you could load the program into another memory area the IDE would need to be able to communicate with the board.

Does your PC have a COM10 ?
Can you see COM10 in the IDE ?
Does the port disappear if you unplug the Arduino and appear again when you plug it back in ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

KG_DK

Delta_G:
You ask for the error, and i feel, that I write the problem in the first 'comment'.
I started this thread because I think, that it is a new sublject.
I beg your pardon, but I don't know how to make a link clickable.

UKHeliBob:
Yes to all question.

After all I think, that the Flash-memory is burned out, so I have to buy a new board or a new processor.

CrossRoads

To make a link clickable, use url tags, or the button in the menu that looks like an infinity sign. Mouse over them, it's the one that says "insert a link".Ends up like this:
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/Bobuino17/

Use img tags to insert an image, or the "insert an image" button, here's my Standalone Programmer from SD card for example.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

KG_DK

Go Up