Go Down

Topic: Error when I verify and I am desperate  (Read 584 times) previous topic - next topic

Marek1

Can you help me with this ?

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Marek1-PC\Downloads\Analog-E-Brake-master\ANALOG_EBRAKE\ANALOG_EBRAKE.ino:8:0:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Joystick/Joystick.h:31:2: error: #error The Joystick library can only be used with a USB MCU (e.g. Arduino Leonardo, Arduino Micro, etc.).

#error The Joystick library can only be used with a USB MCU (e.g. Arduino Leonardo, Arduino Micro, etc.).

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

What I do bad :(

AWOL

The Joystick library can only be used with a USB MCU (e.g. Arduino Leonardo, Arduino Micro, etc.
i.e. not a Uno
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Marek1

AWOL

I think that you can't use that library on a Uno, which is what you are trying to do.
The error message is very clear on this.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

Marek1

And what I must to do? Can you help me ?

AWOL

The error message is also very clear on that
The Joystick library can only be used with a USB MCU (e.g. Arduino Leonardo, Arduino Micro, etc.

DrAzzy

Dec 12, 2017, 08:05 pm Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017, 08:06 pm by DrAzzy
Use an Arduino Leonardo or Arduino Micro.

Emulating a joystick requires native USB. The Uno does not have native USB. Ergo, you cannot do this project with an Uno.
ATtiny core for 841+1634+828 and x313/x4/x5/x61/x7/x8 series Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts (some assembled), mosfets and awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

Marek1

Okey this help me thanks. Arduino Leonardo is Verified and Installed, but how I start Arduino Micro properties ?

AWOL

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.

Delta_G

What type of board do you have?  If it is not an Arduino Leonardo or an Arduino Micro then you need to buy another board.  Nothing in the IDE is going to make that code run on any other board. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

Marek1

Thanks for help all working well now.

Go Up