Go Down

Topic: Cortana is snarky... (Read 2445 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

I disagree with you on this, by the way.  Nature is very inefficient when it comes to adapting to new threats.  Diversity brings complexity and complexity increases the attack surface.
You are here aren't you?

Entirely due to the wonders of nature.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

msssltd

Dec 22, 2017, 12:51 pm Last Edit: Dec 22, 2017, 12:52 pm by msssltd
Nature is indeed a wonderful thing but human beings are rather fragile. 

With a couple million years and infinite possibilities for trial and error, who knows, even Microsoft might roll out an OS which is a little more robust than the current one ;)

Robin2

With a couple million years and infinite possibilities for trial and error, who knows, even Microsoft might roll out an OS which is a little more robust than the current one ;)
I know I am foolish but I just thought the geniuses at Microsoft might use their intelligence to get an earlier solution. :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Robin2

ever wonder if computers are left vulnerable to viruses, just to fuel the need for the virus scanner market?
Would not surprise me.

Equivalent to Apple slowing down the older IPhones.

I don't have an iPhone but I refuse to update my Android OS - now I have a good reason :)

...R

Qdeathstar

While making computers secure might rank just about zero to an os developer, I think it is more about a criminals desire to commit crimes than some nefarious plot to create demand for free anti virus software...
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Go Up