Arduino Mega Timeout Problem

Hello, Ive recently got a Arduino mega 2560 and ive tried to upload some basic code onto it and its been saying timeout. Ive tried researching and people are downloading drivers to make it work. I also bought an Arduino Uno and that seems to work and I can upload some code on there, but as soon as i plug in the Arduino mega and select the type of board and the port, it says timeout when i try to upload some code. I am using a Mac on version 10.12.1 macOS Sierra. And ive got the Arduino 1.8.5 version installed.

Please help me this problem as been like this for 2 weeks thankyou.

It Keeps saying

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

This shouldn't be so difficult.

Try plugging into a different computer / different laptop.

The computer or laptop should immediately recognize the hardware, install drivers for it and it should be ready to go.

Open your Control Panel -> Device Manager and expand the Ports section.

Watch it while you plug in your board.

If it doesn't appear then either hav a bad board, or a COM port conflict or bad USB cable.

Try a different USB cable first.

Good luc /

Hello quamikazee, im on a MAC so i cant check device Manager.

Is it a clone? Drivers for clones are not included with the IDE.

Check the markings on the chip near the USB connector. Official and faithful clones use 16u2 (however, this chip is actually less reliable than the chips used on the clones!), most clones use CH340G or CP2102. The CH340G based clones are somewhat tricky to find the correct drivers for because of changes Apple made in recent versions of the operating system that resulted in the old drivers not working anymore.