Go Down

Topic: Interface software using USB rs-232 parallel port and ethernet (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Ken121

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I know you can't connect your Arduino directly to the motor. What I was trying to say is that I'm going to connect you at we know to the motor controller and then use the motor controller Shield for the smaller steppers.

Robin2

What I was trying to say is that I'm going to connect you at we know to the motor controller and
Something has got mangled because that makes no sense

then use the motor controller Shield for the smaller steppers.
Use specialized stepper drivers for all the stepper motors - especially as you want to drive a large number of motors. The stepper drivers relieve the Arduino from a lot of calculation. Also they allow the motors to be driven with higher voltages for better performance.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Ken121

I don't know why my messages are gobbled. What I was trying to say is I'm going to use your Arduino to connect to the motor controller and then from motor controller to the stepper.

Robin2

I don't know why my messages are gobbled. What I was trying to say is I'm going to use your Arduino to connect to the motor controller and then from motor controller to the stepper.
That makes more sense. But you won't be using any of my Arduinos  :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Ken121

LOL somehow my messages not coming out correct when I read them before I send them they read okay. After I send them for some reason words change.

Go Up