RTC 3231 Library - Difficulties Since Update

I hope that this is the correct place for my question.

I have a project that uses a RTC 3231 clock and the RTC3231 library. However, since updating to the current version of the library, the sketch fails to compile. I get the error message below.

exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'DS3231::DS3231(const uint8_t&, const uint8_t&)'

Rather than trying to unpick where the problem lies with the sketch, the RTC element of which I did not write myself and do not fully understand, I should like to install an earlier version of the library.

Does anyone have, or know how I can get, a version of DS3231.h earlier than the current version?

Thank you.

James.

Post a link to where you got the library from. Please use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make it clickable. Or if you installed it using Library Manger(Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries) then say so and state the full name of the library.

It is a while since I installed the library, but from memory, it was from here:

James.

There are several different libraries for the DS3231/DS3232, and they each use different syntax.

I have a project that uses a RTC 3231 clock and the RTC3231 library. However, since updating to the current version of the library, the sketch fails to compile. I get the error message below.
exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'DS3231::DS3231(const uint8_t&, const uint8_t&)'

The Northern Widget link is to a DS32312 library which does not have a instance constructor with two parameters.

Please explain what you did to update the library. It may be that you changed libraries as well.

Cattledog,

Thank you.

When I connected the Arduino to my laptop and loaded the IDE (the standard one), I received a pop-up message saying that updates were available for the board and for some libraries. Clicking the message brought up a screen where the updates were listed and fro which they could be installed, which I did.

Regards,

James.

You must not have originally been using the NorthernWidget library because that library has never had a constructor matching that signature;

There is a library for the DS3231 by Rinky-Dink Electronics which has the two pin constructor where the pins are SDA/SCL.

DS3231::DS3231(uint8_t data_pin, uint8_t sclk_pin)
{
	_sda_pin = data_pin;
	_scl_pin = sclk_pin;
}

http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php?id=73

Pert: I am beginning to conclude that, too.

Cattledog: thank you. I shall have a look at this.

Regards,

James.