Go Down

Topic: How to display animations onto Led Matrix by using SD card (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

kimutakuro

Hi, I'm working on making animations by Jinx! software for the 10x10 Led Matrix and finally I'd like to display it by itself without connecting PC. So I am going to record them into SD card but I have no clue how It can work successfully. I want to know how led matrix, Arduino nano and SD card shield should be wired, and which sketch I can use for it. I'm a super beginner about it so if someone help me, I really appreciate it.

Paul_KD7HB

Hi, I'm working on making animations by Jinx! software for the 10x10 Led Matrix and finally I'd like to display it by itself without connecting PC. So I am going to record them into SD card but I have no clue how It can work successfully. I want to know how led matrix, Arduino nano and SD card shield should be wired, and which sketch I can use for it. I'm a super beginner about it so if someone help me, I really appreciate it.
Your animation MUST have an associated timing signal to tell how long to display the current image. Does your file have this? If not the animation will run as fast as you can read the file and display it.

Paul

TonyWilk

Hi, I'm working on making animations by Jinx! software for the 10x10 Led Matrix and finally I'd like to display it by itself without connecting PC.
Sorry, you can't do that directly.

The Jinx! software generates all the effects. Recorded effects can only be read by Jinx! to be used as part of multiple effects. You can use an Arduino to drive your LEDs, but the animations are generated by Jinx! and sent to the Arduino.

After a quick Google, it looks like there is some TPM2 protocol software around for Arduino and there may be a way to patch Jinx! to output TPM2 to a file. Even if this is a possibility, it will be very difficult.

I found this post at: http://www.live-leds.de/user-jinxscripts/

Quote from: Admin_at_LIVE-LEDS.DE
Jinx recorded files dont have any patching inside, so there is no controller which can do something with that. The Jinx recorder itself is for recording Jinx effect combinations and play them back into a single effect generator, so that you can add even more effects on it (see manual). I know about 2 controllers that are playing with Jinx form sd card, sedu v3 and diamex. Both are using tpm2 protocol. So you have to create at tpm2 protocol inside Jinx and patch the whole thing. After that you can redirect the output into a file (inside the output configuration), this file is (if you patched correctly) playable by sedu and diamex controllers. There are howtos for diamex on their homepage, as far as I know there is howto for the sedu v3 as well anywhere on the sedu board homepage.
Yours,
 TonyWilk

Go Up