Go Down

Topic: DIY HEAC/LPCM audio to Line level Audio (Read 398 times) previous topic - next topic

holesflow

Feb 13, 2018, 02:14 am Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 02:19 am by holesflow
Experts,

I'm deciding if this is worth it. I basically have in mind something our techs could use:

HDMI pass-through with line audio extracted.

So, imagine a tiny project box with 2 [Mini-]HDMI jacks and a 1/8" line level jack. HDMI is uninterrupted, and single direction HEAC+ is assumed (HDMI jacks labelled in/out)... Most all field monitors have no speakers in them, is the thing...

Wikipedia:
The audio data is a stereo L-PCM (IEC 60958-1) stream supporting 32KHz, 44.1KHz or 48KHz sampling. These represent a clock rate of respectively: 4.096MHz, 5.6448MHz and 6.144MHz.
With 16 bits/sample in 44kHz, I'm thinking there has to be an IC out there that does all the heavy lifting... Nothing commercial, just an oddball reason to dig a little into HDMI signalling... :)

Ideas?

TIA!
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.
"If you drop it and it breaks, it was good." ~ Mr. William Lehr, my Electronics VoTech Teacher, on testing vacuum tubes. RIP

Grumpy_Mike

Not really an Arduino question. Look in the big distributors sites ( Farnell, Mouser, DigiKey) for a thing called a Codac, mind you nearly all of them are very small pitch surface mount chips.

Go Up