Go Down

Topic: Arduino Board connections (Read 519 times) previous topic - next topic

tduffett

What is the function of the 2 TWI OUT 5 OUT 6 IN 2 and IN 3 male receptacles on the Arduino NDof Shield?

larryd

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

tduffett

Well, it took awhile but someone actually had a truncated data sheet for the A000070 board with a reasonable description of the Tinkerkit compatible male connectors.
TWI = Two Wire Inputs, not clear but looks like they could be I2C connections with GND, PWR and two data pins.
Out 6 and Out 5 connect to digital pins 6 and 5 respectively
IN2 and IN 3 connect to  Analog pins 2 and 3 respectively

For a newbe this does seem harder than it should but I guess that is what learning is all about.

Thanks.

DrAzzy

It's meant to make things easier (though the apparent difficulty of locating docs seems to run contrary to that) - those headers are two I2C headers (TWI is what atmel calls I2C - I think I2C is trademarked or something), two digital pins, and two analog pins - and each header also has power and ground. Note that despite being marked "in", those analog pins are fully functional digital pins as well as being able to do analogRead() - the way arduino documentation presents it doesn't always make this clear.
ATTinyCore for x4/x5/x61/x7/x8/x41/1634/828/x313 megaTinyCore for the megaavr ATtinies - Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

tduffett

It's meant to make things easier (though the apparent difficulty of locating docs seems to run contrary to that) - those headers are two I2C headers (TWI is what atmel calls I2C - I think I2C is trademarked or something), two digital pins, and two analog pins - and each header also has power and ground. Note that despite being marked "in", those analog pins are fully functional digital pins as well as being able to do analogRead() - the way arduino documentation presents it doesn't always make this clear.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. Seems there is no big advantage to using these vs. the header pin sockets for my purposes but good to know what they are. I looked for Tinkerkit info and they seem to be off the grid as well as Arduino.org .

Now for trying to figure out what pins on the shield are tied up soo I can still use my LCD to display output from the shield.

Go Up