Go Down

Topic: avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00 (Read 84524 times) previous topic - next topic

vmsysprog

I'm having a similar problem with two Audrino NANO's I just bought.  I've got two different Windows machines I use  Win7 and Win8.1 neither will load sketches to the NANO.  Further, there are enough comments here that it seems to me this is a problem.  A problem which Arduino should fix.  We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get these things to work properly.
Steve

pert

I'm having a similar problem with two Audrino NANO's I just bought.
Please do this:
  • File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

sterretje

We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get these things to work properly.
As you're the one that does not provide usefull info, why would we jump through hoops to figure out what you have installed, which Nano you excactly bought etc. ?

A problem which Arduino should fix.
Arduino did fix it for their newer Nanos. Just install board manager version 1.6.21 and select the 328P option under processors. If it's a clone, there is no reason why Arduino should do anything.

If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

nnangeroni

The problem as it occurs with uploading to Nano with Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.21 can be solved by simply selecting Tools > Board > ATmega328P (Old Bootloader). There's no need to uninstall or downgrade anything.
This worked for me, thank you so much!!!!

AndrewCarr

I tried the ATmega328P (Old Bootloader) and success - thanks to pert for this.

RyugaRedoc

I have the same issue while uploading program to my arduino uno board.I tried almost every suggestions available but none of them worked.I am only able to upload the blink program n make changes to it.

Please help me.It's a request.

sterretje

I have the same issue while uploading program to my arduino uno board.I tried almost every suggestions available but none of them worked.I am only able to upload the blink program n make changes to it.

Please help me.It's a request.
Which operation system (and version)?
Which version of the IDE?
Was it working before?
Is the board recognised in Windows device manager (or Linux/Mac equivalents)?
Correct board selected in IDE?
Correct port selected in IDE?

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Nickrpb

Hi I have a duinotech Nano Atmga328P
and get this message when i try to upload it

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

help needed

what do i do

I using a mac and running Chrome

fliesskomma

Hi folks,
I also have the same problems with
Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb7
with a breadboard ATMEGA328P-PU.

Peculiarely this only happens only from on the second flash of an application.
i.e.,
  • I flashed the bootloader to the breadboard, using another Arduino via ISP-connections: Worked fine
  • I flashed the Blink example initially to the breadboard via PL2303 USB/TTL-UART converter: Worked fine
  • I tried flashing another sketch to the breadboard, to replace Blink: failure as above

Then I flashed the bootloader again and things repeat as above.
Flashing sketches per SPI works fine too, every time. But via TX/RX works only once after a freshly flashed bootloader.

Flashing bootloaders works very reliable every time. So my hardwareconstruction seems to be in good condition (Short wires, good Gnd, blocking caps, Reset-Pullup,...). I tried 2 different bootloaders. The one with 8MHz-internal oszillator and the Arduino-IDE-supplied one for the Pro Mini, 8MHz external/3.3V. Driving things with 5V though.

It seems for me, right after bootloaderflashing, the ATMEGA is and stays in waitingcondition for beeing flashed by RX/TX. My LED on PB5 (The LedPin 13, Arduino uses for onboard LED) indicates this state, by flashing.
When the IDE starts flashing the first application (Blink, ...) it says "upload" and the RX/TX Leds on the USB/TTL-UART converter flash continously. Then, on the second flash of a sketch, there is no USB/TTL-UART Led-flashing. No wonder, timeout errormessage "...not responding" occurs.

I'm using Win10, Arduino IDE 1.8.15.0, an UNO-Clone with SMD-ATMEGA328p-PU as ISP-flasher.
I'm gonna get 2 UNOs with DIP-Pin ATMEGAS this afternoon for testing.

Oh and... I flashed another sketch with 115200Bd serial communication in both directions. The communication did well. So the quirk should be no matter of TX/TX-timing. And I tried grounding Reset, with releasing when the IDE says "uploading" -Didn't help :((

My questions are:
  • How can I shut off this "unwanted feature" and flash sketches as often as I want?
  • How can I shut on this feature again?
  • And finally how, when and why does the ATMEGA-Bootloader know, a sketch is knocking on RX/TX's doors for flashing?

I googled mostly successless all night for answers.

Thanks for reading all this and thinking,... And maybe answering

fliesskomma

Hi there,
I'm here again, after testing with UNO Clones, which have DIP ATMEGA328.

So, using one Uno as programmer, programming the other, worked as intended and flashing several sketches on the target ATMEGA afterwards also.
However both UNOs have 16MHz crystals, but in my problem as above, 8MHz were used. So there's no one-by-one compare possible here.

Since these UNO's crystals have the size of a flea, they are actually not interchangable with my big ones, I use with the breadboard. As a "half workaround", I flashed ones bootloader with the two 16MHz UNOs, using "8MHz  external crystal" settings and put the so flashed ATMEGA on the breadboard with the 8MHz crystal.

Then again, I was at the same place as before, since...
Flashing the first sketch was OK.
Flashing the second ended up with the "...not responding" error message, as before.

Therefore, as last hope I looked at a Pro-Minis pins, with a FTDI232 Board plugged in on its short side. The Pro Minis six pins: Gnd, Gnd,Vcc, Rx, Tx, Rst. Looking at the FTDIs pins, I saw the DTR connected to the Pro-Minis Reset. Connecting the same at my Breadboard-FTDI connection didn't help though. :(((

Well, then I got all my different USB/UART-TTL-converter and gave them a try. As there were a PL2303, a CH340G and a CP2102. Finally the PL2303 worked!!!!
After hitting upload at the Arduino IDE, I grounded the ATMEGAs reset and released it as the IDE started uploading to the ATMEGA. This procedure worked every time I tried.
I'm not very happy with this, but it works.

I think I will try some Resistors between the RX/TX inbetween  the Pro Mini an the USB/UART-TTL Converter. I saw this at other places, like at NodeMCU. Maybe this helps.

So far for now.
Does anbody have more and better ideas?

af1812

This out of sync business is driving me nuts. Recently on both Mac and Pi3, I upgraded to IDE 1.8.7. None of ny Uno nor Nano can upload my sketches except for Mega. I havn't figured out why yet but I suspect it is 1.8.7 bug or some thing. Do you use 1.8.7?

pert

This out of sync business is driving me nuts. Recently on both Mac and Pi3, I upgraded to IDE 1.8.7. None of ny Uno nor Nano can upload my sketches except for Mega. I havn't figured out why yet but I suspect it is 1.8.7 bug or some thing. Do you use 1.8.7?
For the Nano, try selecting Tools > Processor > ATmega328P (Old bootloader).

williams303

Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

Sketch uses 14496 bytes (47%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 912 bytes (44%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1136 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM6 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Manni\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_750153/BADDY_EMBEDDED_CODE_ARDUINO_V01.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM6
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done.  Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

sterretje

jmailer01

I had the same problem and fixed it by downgrading to AVR Boards 1.6.20. Before I did this I tried selecting ATmega328P (Old Bootloader), but this gave a compile error. This is a cheap Chinese nano with the CH340 driver.

Go Up