Go Down

Topic: Code 43 Impossible to connect Uno or update drivers for it. (Read 2776 times) previous topic - next topic

ieee488

I believe this is depending on your configuration.
Here below a screenshot of my other laptop (HP): doesn't have com ports either.
It can create one if needed (I did it manually, then they are visible), but this doesn't solve the issue.

When I plug in my Arduino Uno it automatically appears in the Ports (COM & LPT) section in Device Manager in both Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Same thing happens for the USB-TTL adapter that I have with CP2102 chip which I use to program the Pro Mini.

Some thing is wrong with your setup.

ieee488

I did that a number of times, in different circumstances (e.g. with a power attached to the Arduino,

I wonder if you fried your Arduino doing this

ballscrewbob

Can you confirm that it makes the NEW HARDWARE sound when plugged in ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

ballscrewbob

You could try this...not mine but I know it works as I have used it on client computers in the distant past.

open device manager
click on action
add legacy hardware
click on next
search for and install the hardware automatically(Recommended)
next
it will detect that com port and next
double click com port
next
next and finish.

Seems there was a problem with some DELL boxes a while back and this issue cropped up on one of my roll outs for Home Depot.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

osstynd

Can you confirm that it makes the NEW HARDWARE sound when plugged in ?

It does, indeed, at least most of the times (don't know how many times I tried right now) . Right after it says that the device is not recognized (see screenshot).

osstynd

You could try this...not mine but I know it works as I have used it on client computers in the distant past.

open device manager
click on action
add legacy hardware
click on next
search for and install the hardware automatically(Recommended)
next
it will detect that com port and next
double click com port
next
next and finish.

Seems there was a problem with some DELL boxes a while back and this issue cropped up on one of my roll outs for Home Depot.

I tried that as well.
After "add legacy hardware > next", I get a popup saying
"The wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer If you know the specific hardware model you want to install, click next to install it from the list."
This means there is no com port to detect in my case.

But if you want to know how this continues (also helps answering the questions on "why don't you have COM&LPT": in the end, it does a something in the COM&LPT, but it simply does not work), here is how it continues in such case:
- I select "Next"
- It asks me "From the list below, select the type of hardware you are installing". I select "Ports (COM & LPT)
- Then I need to select the device driver I want to install for this hardware. As a Manufacturer I can sleect Arduino LLC (www.arduino.cc) or Arduino Srl (www.arduino.org). So I select the LLC version. At the right I can select the model: Arduino Uno.
- Then it installs the software to support this device.
- It ends up with the Code 10 (see screen shot below).
- When I click on Finish, the device manager shows a COM & LPT port. Not working but nevertheless.

I could now try to apply the CH341SER.EXE, but this one still gives me the "pre-installed in advance", so no luck here. Also trying to update the driver software with the dedicated ch341ser.inf does not help.

movedout2008

Wow a compatriot of same problem.
I have an NEJE laser engraver DK-8-KZ with a WCH340G chip and I am having the same problem, I can not get past the USB "unknown device" statement.  I have been jacking with this for a year and I have only been able to get this to work on one old 2004 XP 32 bit E machine desktop computer which is in pieces.  I have tried on an old 2008 Dell XP 32, Del XP 32 laptop, Samsung XP 32 laptop, Asus X502C Win8.1, and a Acer Aspire Window 7.  I have laned to a friend who has tried on 2 other computers and Windows 8.1 and 10. You are right to note the Asus computer does not show COM ports and support says that is the way they are built.  I am able to activate Legacy hardware and it shows up but has a flag on it.

Have you come up with a method to get pat the unknown USB and have it show a COM 340 and be functional.  I know the engraver functions but why on only the one computer.

Is it possible the engraver is bad?  I see people all over the internet making these work on all kinds of computers but not me.

I am going to buy a Arduino USB device with WCH340 chip and see if it will communicate but I think I am going to have the same problem you have.  Are you testing with just one device or have you tried another to verify the device?

ballscrewbob

@movedout2008

There are a lot of reasons that a clone will not work under windows here are just a few.

Antivirus or similar is too aggressive and reporting FALSE POSITIVES, User permissions errors (multiple causes but often linked to a policy for educational or business users), Failed to install the correct driver which could be either the CP2102 or the CH340/341, USB 3.0 ports (not all but a common issue), Older USB 1.0 ports (Can still be a minor gripe on some older OS).

The official CH340 driver is HERE (ignore the fact that it is a Chinese site it is legit)
CP2102 driver is HERE

movedout2008

I have switched over to trying to get this to work on my Dell latitude E6440, it does not have COM LPT either.  In research it is indicated this is common if the computer only has USB.  Thru legacy I am able to see a COM port but it says it is not functional.  I see your computer has COMs but have you tried running CH340 or Arduino on one without to see if it would some how miraculously generate one in device manager?  everyone simply says look at COM in device manager but it is not there.  could someone verify if these devices can even run on computers without COMs?  I would like to see a screen shot of what the computer shows in Device manager.  Oh don't have "other" in Device manager either.

Today I thought I was on to something, I copied the CH340.inf file to Windows/INF folder.  It does allow me to see driver files in the change driver file for the mock COM and does allow me to pick it and my mock COM says "USB SERIAL CH340".  Looks good but still a yield sing and no bueno on working.

any Ideas to manual load drivers some how.

movedout2008

I finally got CH340 to take consistently in a 15 year old XP computer and WOW it is working on my 8.1 too.  I will be testing if it works on my Mill driving computer XP about 12 years old.  The secret for me was to add an external 3 port USB adapter plugged into one of the regular USB 2.0 ports.  The adapter does not even have an external power supply.  When I plugged it into the USB 2.0 port it loaded some drivers and then tried loading the CH340 driver and it generated the COM port just like it was supposed to.  I read in some forum to try this and Magic.  I have ordered a powered 5 port adapter, I hope it works as well.  Buffer, Software... I do not know?  I have been jacking with this laser engraver NEJE DK-8-KZ for almost a year and it was always just hit or miss on the old XP.

ballscrewbob

Thats my GOTO...if in doubt throw a hub at it...

Glad you got it sorted...

Hope you got a decent power laser as you will be wanting to do more quite quickly.
Presently running a 10w Blue and a 15w blue...5W ok for simple stuff.

fzacharie

I had the same problem (code 43...), I just change to another USB port on my machine and after that, it's worked.

Go Up