Go Down

Topic: Please advise me how to build a puddle-detecting robot (for a school project) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

PaulS

If you are just demonstrating the ability of the robot to stop and do something if it detects a puddle, and the puddle consists of some material that a moisture sensor can SAFELY detect, and the puddle is on a non-conductive surface, then all your robot needs to do is carry a moisture sensor around, far enough out in front so that it can travel at a reasonable speed but still stop in time to not run into the puddle, and measure the moisture level as close to "continuously" as possible.

I'm assuming that detecting a puddle of liquid will cause the robot to stop and then use other tools to analyze the liquid to determine how to treat the spill, instead of just slinging some "neutralize anything" compound far and wide.

If that assumption is wrong, please ignore this whole post.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Delta_G

So now it's vinegar.  That will just make a mess.  Earlier you were talking about concentrated sulfuric and phosphoric acids.  You don't just throw baking soda at puddles of those.  The reaction would be very violent and spray acid everywhere. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

DanielValahul

Again, no such acids will ever be used. Those were extreme examples.

And it will make a mess. Thats not the point. The point is, the acid (from the vinegar) will be neutralised and the purpose was fulfilled. I have demonstrated that it works with a very basic example.

Forget the sulfuric or phosphoric acids, i will never use them, or anything close to them.

Go Up