Which dog?

What dog breed you guys choose if a pup is given free?

I'm choosing pugs :-* 8)

Bench Pups are not free, they cost ~$17 :wink:
You should use a Muzzle too.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=31127&cat=1,41637,41645,31127

One that looks nice and never defecates.

...R

Don't care which dog, I'd probably trade for a sixth cat :wink: Beside some of my cats probably don't appreciate dog that typically plays too rough, drools a lot, and can make loud noise.

Basset hound, ofc. I currently have 8 puppies :wink:

Labrador, although they never grow up and are always starving.
Jack Russell, nice small, good mate to the Labrador, keeps him under control.

Poods. We've got two giant red ones. Here's Louie and the baby:

Hi,
A friend of mine had a Labradoodle, very nice dog.

:o Scorpion :o

IMG_2861.JPG

larryd:
:o Scorpion :o

IMG_2861.JPG

Ha! I worry about that ALL the time, cause of course, the kid loves to look under rocks.

Travis, you bring me back to memory my German Shepherd, also died of cancer. :frowning:

Hi,
On a sad note and pets, LadyAda lost her cat "MOSFET", 17yo..
Been with her though her life from University to Adafruit..

RIP MOSFET

That’s sad, I’ve seen that cat in their videos.

TomGeorge:
Hi,
A friend of mine had a Labradoodle, very nice dog.

The poodle crossses all seem to be good natured intelligent dogs. A lot of them don't shed which is a big plus in my book. Labradoodles can be pretty big though, you need to think of food costs. I am not keen on hounds, one track minds once they get a scent and they can bay a lot.

ardly:
you need to think of food costs.

I have a Labrador, I know! ! ! !
I even have a special feed bowl to make him slow down at gorging time.
s-l500dog.jpg
Although after 6months you have to replace it, to many teeth marks and cracks in it.

Tom... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
I have a Labrador, I know! ! ! !
I even have a special feed bowl to make him slow down at gorging time.
:
Although after 6months you have to replace it, to many teeth marks and cracks in it.

"Gorging time" - I like it. I had not seen bowls like that before, there are some stainless slow feed bowls available.

Labradors are great dogs. I read that some have a genetic variation that makes them feel hungry all the time. The don't all have it and some have it worse than others. Hard not to feed them when you get those pleading eyes.

Is the Jack Russell the boss?

Although labs may be hungry I was really thinking about some of the bigger breeds you see. Somebody may have a mountain dog, or a mastiff weighing in at well over 100lbs and I wonder how they can afford to feed them.

Hi,
Most of the time the Jack Russell is boss, he's nearly twice as old as the Lab.

We got the Jack as a mate for our previous dog.
Leo, a Lab, Rottweiler, Kelpie cross.

The all our dogs can hear a chip packet crinkle at 100m I recon.

I read that some have a genetic variation that makes them feel hungry all the time.

Yes, "the stomach thinks the throat is cut " gene.

Leo was taught not to eat anything in the street when we took him "walkies", at home he was fine, eat anytime.
We took him to RSPCA million paws walk event, they had an eating competition.
Each heat we had to tell Leo to eat, other dogs just gorged.

He got to the final, all 6 dogs , labs or a variety there of, surprise surprise..
He finished like the rest, but didn't throw his meal all over that place like the others.
He didn't win but one of the officials had been watching him, with the eat command.
He got a prize for obedience instead.

Sad to loose him , fungal lung infection, the vet used the blue water while he could still walk and look after himself.

Raffael on the other hand 7years old and still a big puppy at times..
Jack Russell is 13yo, have to keep an eye on him in the winter, his coat is so thin you can see the spots in his skin.
I think in the picture I posted you can see some black patches.

TomGeorge:
....Raffael on the other hand 7years old and still a big puppy at times...

The photograph of Raffael sitting back in his armchair with the controllers watching Crufts or perhaps a food program made me laugh. It is obviously his chair because he seems to be in it all time.

I also have this image of you in a park shouting "Raffael, Raffael, come back Raffael" :slight_smile:

ardly:
The photograph of Raffael sitting back in his armchair with the controllers watching Crufts or perhaps a food program made me laugh. It is obviously his chair because he seems to be in it all time.

I also have this image of you in a park shouting "Raffael, Raffael, come back Raffael" :slight_smile:

The seat, we have two and he prefers the one near the window so he can see out into the street.

He is not fussy about what he watches and I haven't had any unwanted exercise machines or kitchen knives or miracle cookers or abs machines, so he must have some program discretion.

He goes out "walkies" with lead etc, but the words "treats Raffa" within milliseconds gets his interrupt operating and "stomach override" kicks in with "return" function program running.

Bump it!