Go Down

Topic: alarm trigger and iot platform  (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Andonoc

Hi guys,
I build a plant monitoring system with different sensors.
But in april often is coming frost and this will kill my loved plants.
Now i use thinger.io as platform to visualize the datas from the sigfox backend but i need a way to trigger an alarm on my smartphone
Maybe somebody has found a way?
I try to activate the blynk app but i dont understand the way it works with  http request (my programming skills are not that much).

horace

would the simplest thing be to send an email from the Sigfox callback system?

Andonoc

Hi,
thank you horace,
yes sure, so i have to make two callbacks.
But is it possible to normally send a html post and ONLY if a value is below a certain value sending a email? and then i need some kind of flag to avoid multiple alerts. is this possible in the backend?

horace

Mar 03, 2018, 10:43 am Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018, 10:44 am by horace
I would have the test in the arduino device - if the temperature falls below a certain level it sends a message to the sigfox backend which then sends a callback email to you
the sigfox backend should send the device an acknowledgement so you know it was received

I would assume you would then go along and fix the problem and reset the fault condition ready for the next fault
if you don't appear within a certain time (say 30 minutes)  the  device sends another email etc

Andonoc

Thank you horace.
The Solution with the Email eventually can work for me but i think we are talking about different things.
I try to explain it better.

i send different parameters:
temperatur dry
temperature wet
temperature soil

I need a documentation of those values with Diagramms, so i can use for exemple Thingspeak.
But when "temperature wet" is falling above,for exemple ,2 degrees C i need a extra notification like a Email or a Push notification or a bird singing on my window because then i can run to save my plants.
Otherwise i have to use another device only for this Extra notificaion, whats not ideal.
So The question is , is the Sigfox Backend able to analize single parameters????

horace

you could use DIRECT callback on the sigfox backend to forward the uplink data to your server
tutorials/sigfox-connectivity-arduino-raspberry-pi-868mhz-europe-900mhz-us/#step4
which could proces it as required sending you emails etc

Go Up