Go Down

Topic: Which one to focus? Personal Health or Finish Arduino hobby... (Read 397 times) previous topic - next topic

podbaydoors

Man, this is so hard.  Can't do both at the same time. Any ideas?!?!
 Which would you choose?

CrossRoads

Personal health. Get some sleep, eat some food.
Can't finish the project if you're dead.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

robtillaart

two questions:

1) how old / young are you?

2) what is on your bucket list?
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Robin2

Man, this is so hard.  Can't do both at the same time. Any ideas?!?!
Not entirely true.

There is nothing to stop you thinking about a solution to a programming problem while you are exercising.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

podbaydoors

It is true.  Steve jobs, Jan Sloot, Nikola Tesla, Wilbur Wright, etc.  It's like the matrix pill. Red or Blue. if you take both pills. it will mess up your body. if you stop inventing something new. Your body becomes healthy again. sigh**

Code: [Select]
2) what is on your bucket list?
My dream is to become an inventor. Build something new that change the world. I failed a lot. I took the risk playing Arduino. One day, I went to doctor office. I have early sign high blood pressure. Three hours asleep and spending too much time watching youtube Arduino stuff & Instructables.  My doctor recommends me to walk out my dog every day & eight hours asleep to reduce high blood pressure.  It's working very well. I came home and watch Richard Gere's Hachiko movie. :smiley-cry:   My Arduino is sitting on dust doing nothing.

What should I do with my dust Arduino ADK, UNO, etc?
 I want to become inventor really bad.

robtillaart

Make your problem the solution:

You could invent an Bloodpressure Arduino Detector New Early Warning System = BADNEWS for short.

The arduino measures bloodpressure, and if raised for longer periods it can give you a warning (beep) and advise (take a short or longer break). bloodpressure has a number of parameters and can differ in severity, a light raise for a long period can be worse that a short peak. (I am no doctor so all disclaimers apply)

- https://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/KnowYourNumbers/Understanding-Blood-Pressure-Readings_UCM_301764_Article.jsp

The Arduino could also see drop in bloodpressure, often an indication of internal blood loss. BADNEWS could see that too.

It would be great if you found a way to measure bloodpressure without such inflatable band around your arm.

I want to become inventor really bad.
remember being an inventor is a state of mind :)

Rob Tillaart

larryd

My dream is to become an inventor. Build something new that change the world.
I failed a lot.
Then you are on the right track to something great.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Robin2

My dream is to become an inventor. Build something new that change the world.
I don't think successful inventors ever wanted to change the world. They just had a passion for making something work and the fact that it was world-changing was incidental.

Focus on something that seems meaningful to you. If you are really cheesed off with the sink drain getting blocked, then figure out a better design of drain.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

robtillaart

on the other hand, everything you make changes the world around us a little bit.

Not in a shocking way most of the time, but sometimes the butterfly effect kicks in
Rob Tillaart

dougp

My doctor recommends me to walk out my dog every day & eight hours asleep to reduce high blood pressure.  It's working very well.
One would think with eight hours sleep and some moderate exercise your ( much reduced ) Arduino time would be as productive now as when you were at it twenty-one hours and getting not much done.

You don't have to do everything at once.  Pick a small IDE example sketch and study/play with it 'til you understand thoroughly what it does.  Then another.  Lather, rinse, repeat.
So two neutrinos went into a bar.  Nothing happened.  They were just passing through.

Go Up