Go Down

Topic: WS2812 with UNO, flickers only under one set of commands (Read 693 times) previous topic - next topic

diablorick

Hi all,
I am trying to make taillights for my car and I had everything working perfectly, except, the brake lights. When I turn them on, the top 2 rows and bottom 1 row flicker (top 2 more than the bottom one). I am using a 10A external power supply to run the lights. I am getting 5.1V from it. I have a ground shared to the UNO from the power supply, and all of the other functions work fine (no flicker) so I think it's a coding issue but I can't figure it out. This is not done, so I know there is code that does nothing in it. Also, if you have any tips for making it work better, feel free to clue me in. I am new to the addressable LEDs.
Thank you!!

diablorick

Quick update. I tried it with a Mega also, and got the same results.

diablorick

OK, another update. I think that the problem is in how long it's taking to loop through all of the code each time. If I comment out everything except the brake lights, they work fine.As soon as I add about 30 lines back in, they flicker again. Any ideas??

PaulRB

diablorick

Just an update in case someone else has the same problem. I was doing all of the functions of the LEDs in the main loop. This caused a LOT of timing issues. I changed my program and made Function for all of the LED actions and then just made a few simple calls to them in the Main loop. Works perfect now.

PaulRB

I changed my program and made Function for all of the LED actions and then just made a few simple calls to them in the Main loop. Works perfect now.
That helps no-one in the future if you don't post the updated code.

Grumpy_Mike

Just doing that by itself is not going to fix anything, you must have done something else that you are either not telling us or that you don't know yourself.

diablorick

Wow, I did not realize how bad this forum was until now. I asked this question months ago and received NO help at all. Then I posted another question a few days ago, and again, NO help. I was trying to be the change I wanted to see so I updated my post for others and instead of suggesting I post my code, you guys just jump down my throat! Guess what? Figure it out on your own like I did!

PaulRB

I asked this question months ago and received NO help at all.
Just as you deserved. At the top of every forum section is a sticky post telling you how to get great help in this forum. You choose to ignore that.

...instead of suggesting I post my code...
See post #5.

It has taken you six months to fix your code, and it sounds like you don't really know what you did that fixed it. If you had engaged with the forum properly, you could have got there in 6 days, and actually understood what you did wrong before.

So perhaps your efforts will help other beginners in the future after all. By setting a bad example, you show them how to behave better.

Grumpy_Mike

Wow, I did not realize how bad this forum was until now.
Amazing the way people react here.
Most express the fact that this is a great forum with good a response helpful and friendly. Others project their own inadequacies onto those who try to help them.

Go Up