Go Down

Topic: Upload works for a while, then doesn't (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic

5iron

I have Windows 10 and am using a Mega2560 board.

I'm debugging my sketch, doing edits and then uploads. It works for a while, but then I start getting a message that I can't upload. Something like 'board not recognized'  However under Tools it still shows the proper board, and if I run "Get Board Info" it again recognizes the board.

One time I fixed this by doing an Updates. The second time it happened I fixed it by rebooting my computer.

I'm sorry I can't describe the exact wording of the error message but right now its working.

Relevant Point;  I use "Hairless MIDI". I know if that is connected to the Arduino then I can't upload. But that results in a very different error message along the lines of "Upload Error"  When I disconnect Hairless MIDI I am then always able to resume uploading.

spycatcher2k

Something like
along the lines of
You have a LOT to learn if you think this is anything like enough information to help!

Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

ieee488

I have Windows 10 and am using a Mega2560 board.

I'm debugging my sketch, doing edits and then uploads. It works for a while, but then I start getting a message that I can't upload. Something like 'board not recognized'  However under Tools it still shows the proper board, and if I run "Get Board Info" it again recognizes the board.

One time I fixed this by doing an Updates. The second time it happened I fixed it by rebooting my computer.

I'm sorry I can't describe the exact wording of the error message but right now its working.

Relevant Point;  I use "Hairless MIDI". I know if that is connected to the Arduino then I can't upload. But that results in a very different error message along the lines of "Upload Error"  When I disconnect Hairless MIDI I am then always able to resume uploading.

Looks to me that I wasted valuable time reading a pointless post.

Go Up