Go Down

Topic: Trouble with uploading bootloader to CR-10 Melzi board. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

scuba1

I set my UNO Mega 328 as an isp programmer and then wired it to the Melzi board as follows (I think)

Melzi -----> Arduino
MISO ----> MISO
5V --------> 5V
SCK -----> SCK
MOSI ---> MOSI
RESET -> Digital Pin 10
GND ----> GND
I then mover the jimper on melzi board to USB and plugged in the Melzi board USB and checked the com port (6) and then plugged in USB to UNO. (Com port 3)
I opened the Arduino IDE selected Sanguino as the board, ATMega 1284P 16Mhz as processor, checked the port was at 6 Selected Arduino as ISP fromtools/programmer and then Tools> Burn Bootloader.
This is thr error msg I got.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Sanguino, ATmega1284 or ATmega1284P (16 MHz)"

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x15

avrdude: stk500_getparm(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x14

avrdude: stk500_getparm(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x01
avrdude: stk500_initialize(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x10
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude: stk500_disable(): unknown response=0x12
Error while burning bootloader.

Does anyone have any guidance for me on what I should be looking at, what to do next. etc.etc???

I have not tried to see if its stuffed my printer board yet.
Thanks.

westfw

I then mover the jimper on melzi board to USB and plugged in the Melzi board USB and checked the com port (6) and then plugged in USB to UNO. (Com port 3)
I opened the Arduino IDE selected Sanguino as the board, ATMega 1284P 16Mhz as processor, checked the port was at 6
When you're burning the bootloader, you want the "port" set to the port that has the Arduino as ISP system on it (com3 in your case?), rather than the port that has the target board...

Go Up