Go Down

Topic: Wich microcontroller to use? (Read 480 times) previous topic - next topic

Hltlnd112

Mar 25, 2018, 05:47 pm Last Edit: Mar 26, 2018, 07:55 am by Hltlnd112 Reason: I did some research and found that there where many models of the ATtiny
I want to built a 6DOF robot and want to control about 6 or 7 servo's. I want to program a microcontroller and make it permanent (I dont want to change the sketch later). It would be a waste to use an entire arduino (UNO) and an ATtiny85 has to little pins.

So my question is what is te best microcontroller to use and how should I use them (resistors, capacitors, etc.).

(I'm a noob when it comes to electronics)

westfw

It would be a waste to use an entire arduino (UNO)
How do you figure?  The cost difference between an Uno-like CPU and a slightly-smaller chip is pretty insignificant.
You may one to look at board-level products like the Pro-mini or Arduino Nano, or one of the derivative boards like the Modern Devices "Really Bare Bones Board."

Perehama

I want to built a 6DOF robot and want to control about 6 or 7 servo's. 
Depending on 6 or 7 and how you want to control them, an UNO (ATmega328P) may or may not be enough. If, for example, you want to control the servos using PWM, you will need enough PWM channels to control each servo independently of the others. The UNO has 6 PWM channels. The Atmega328PB, although surface-mount only, has 10 PWM channels. The ATmega1284P has more program memory than the UNO, but still only 6 PWM channels. In order to know what microcontroller you need for your project, you will need to accurately determine the demands your overall system places on your microcontroller.
"Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?"  Proverbs 22:20-21 KJV

Hltlnd112

Mar 26, 2018, 03:46 pm Last Edit: Mar 26, 2018, 03:56 pm by Hltlnd112
I will use the servo library so I will only need digital pins.
But I thought that maybe an uno clone is a good option (money is for me the most important part)

And I want to make it work with a power plug. So I thought with the uno clone I could use it (permanent) with a dc adapter.

If there is a better option, please let me know

Go Up