Go Down

Topic: #define passing wrong values within calculations (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

0AlphaOmega

I'll not post my code here as it covers 13 pages, but if developers want a copy please ask....

This is the second occasion were I have positively identified that defines are not being passed correctly! Makes you doubt your sanity!

The code concerned is selecting a chunk of data to present to a graph. The size of the chunk/memory locations is calculated on the fly

In this case I have several defines, one is a calculated data-stripe width for stored data (16 bytes in this case), In this routine I also use a memory start location, and the number of data stripes required.

All values within the defines are confirmed to be correct (Serial.print within the subroutine)

My graph was showing rubbish! When I examined the values I eventually found that the data-stripe size was using a value of 14 not 16! So my data was not being read from a data-stripe boundary.

I passed the defines to integers and it worked perfectly - kind of destroys the point of a define!

What's going on?
For whom does the clock pulse? It pulses for you!

pert

The best way to proceed is to write a minimal, complete, sketch that demonstrates the problem. This will make it easy for us to provide an answer. I've found that usually by the time I get done writing such a sketch I understand the problem much better.

PaulS

I've found that usually by the time I get done writing such a sketch I understand the problem much better.
And that the problem is with MY code, and MY assumptions, NOT the preprocessor, NOT the compiler, etc.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Go Up