Error compiling for board Arduino Uno. The system cannot find the file specified

Hi! I'm new to using an Arduino and don't know anything about computers really, so please dumb your answers down for me!

I'm using an Uno as well as an Elechouse Voice Recognition shield. It's been iffy so far, but now I can't even get the code to upload to my board.

I'm using one of the examples included in the library, vr_sample_train. Here's some the code (I haven't done anything to it, it's the same as the sample.)

/**
 * @file    vr_sample_train.ino
 * @author  JiapengLi
 * @brief   This file provides a demostration on 
 * how to train VoiceRecognitionModule to record your voice
 * @note:
 * Use serial command to control VoiceRecognitionModule. '
 * All commands are case insensitive. Default serial baud rate 115200.
 * COMMAND        FORMAT                        EXAMPLE                    Comment
 * train          train (r0) (r1)...            train 0 2 45               Train records
 * load           load (r0) (r1) ...            load 0 51 2 3              Load records
 * clear          clear                         clear                      remove all records in  Recognizer
 * record         record / record (r0) (r1)...  record / record 0 79       Check record train status
 * vr             vr                            vr                         Check recognizer status
 * getsig         getsig (r)                    getsig 0                   Get signature of record (r)
 * sigtrain       sigtrain (r) (sig)            sigtrain 0 ZERO            Train one record(r) with signature(sig)
 * settings       settings                      settings                   Check current system settings
 * @section  HISTORY
 * 2013/06/13    Initial version.
 */
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#include "VoiceRecognitionV3.h"

/**        
 * Connection
 * Arduino    VoiceRecognitionModule
 * 2   ------->     TX
 * 3   ------->     RX
 */
VR myVR(2,3);    // 2:RX 3:TX, you can choose your favourite pins.

/***************************************************************************/
/** declare print functions */
void printSeperator();
void printSignature(uint8_t *buf, int len);
void printVR(uint8_t *buf);
void printLoad(uint8_t *buf, uint8_t len);
void printTrain(uint8_t *buf, uint8_t len);
void printCheckRecognizer(uint8_t *buf);
void printUserGroup(uint8_t *buf, int len);
void printCheckRecord(uint8_t *buf, int num);
void printCheckRecordAll(uint8_t *buf, int num);
void printSigTrain(uint8_t *buf, uint8_t len);
void printSystemSettings(uint8_t *buf, int len);
void printHelp(void);

/***************************************************************************/
// command analyze part
#define CMD_BUF_LEN      64+1
#define CMD_NUM     10
typedef int (*cmd_function_t)(int, int);
uint8_t cmd[CMD_BUF_LEN];
uint8_t cmd_cnt;
uint8_t *paraAddr;
int receiveCMD();
int checkCMD(int len);
int checkParaNum(int len);
int findPara(int len, int paraNum, uint8_t **addr);
int compareCMD(uint8_t *para1 , uint8_t *para2, int len);

The error I'm getting reads,

C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\hardware -tools C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\tools-builder -tools C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\libraries -libraries C:\Users\macke\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\macke\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_693397 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\macke\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_544224 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\macke\Downloads\arduino-1.8.5-windows\arduino-1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\macke\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VoiceRecognitionV3\examples\vr_sample_train\vr_sample_train.ino
readlink C:\Users\macke\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VoiceRecognitionV3\examples\vr_sample_train\vr_sample_train.ino: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I have tried to re-install the VoiceRecognition3 library, but it's still not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

The problem is caused by using the Arduino IDE with files located under the OneDrive folder.

The easiest solution is to not use the Arduino IDE with any files in OneDrive.

In this case it looks like you have your sketchbook located under OneDrive. You can change the location of the sketchbook folder via the Arduino IDE's File > Preferences > Sketchbook Location. Change that setting to any convenient folder on your computer as long as it's not in the OneDrive. The Arduino IDE does not automatically copy the contents of the previous sketchbook folder to the new location so you will need to do this manually.

For more details on the problem, steps that are being taken to fix it, and possible workarounds that will allow you use the Arduino IDE with OneDrive, see:

OneDrive; do a search on this forum in the Installation/Troubleshooting section.

There is a setting in onedrive (something like download on demand or so).

Note
Thanks for using code tags in your first post; karma added.

pert:
The problem is caused by using the Arduino IDE with files located under the OneDrive folder.

The easiest solution is to not use the Arduino IDE with any files in OneDrive.

In this case it looks like you have your sketchbook located under OneDrive. You can change the location of the sketchbook folder via the Arduino IDE's File > Preferences > Sketchbook Location. Change that setting to any convenient folder on your computer as long as it's not in the OneDrive. The Arduino IDE does not automatically copy the contents of the previous sketchbook folder to the new location so you will need to do this manually.

For more details on the problem, steps that are being taken to fix it, and possible workarounds that will allow you use the Arduino IDE with OneDrive, see:
Compilation fails with OneDrive / "Cloud reparse points" · Issue #254 · arduino/arduino-builder · GitHub

Thank you! Solved my problem. :slight_smile: