First Project Wii Controlled Airsoft

First, thanks to all here that posted helpful tips. I've learned a lot and used the site for this.

Wii nunchuck and an airsoft gun.

ServoCity pan/tilt and a Wii nunchuck that my bulldog chewed the cord up...

A couple of upgrades.

First I added camera tracking then iPhone support. Eventually I'd like to run the system via Bluetooth but that'll come later.

Very cool! I can't believe you only spent 10 hours to get to your first stage with wii remote control. I see kids playing in the back ground in your first video. Will they be controlling this turret or maybe some become targets of other kids? ]:smiley:

I see Stephen Hawking with these dual-mounted on his chair, bringing terror and a painful welt, sometime soon.

liudr:
Very cool! I can't believe you only spent 10 hours to get to your first stage with wii remote control. I see kids playing in the back ground in your first video. Will they be controlling this turret or maybe some become targets of other kids? ]:smiley:

Those kids aren't targets yet but their older brothers sure are. :smiley:

focalist:
I see Stephen Hawking with these dual-mounted on his chair, bringing terror and a painful welt, sometime soon.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That has to be the single coolest thing I've ever read. I'm looking for his email now and will be sure to customize them for eye control.

At 1:41 you notice some shake in the motion, I am having the same shake with my PTZ system on one of my DIY camera mounts.I don't know why it does it but I think it may be the weight of the camera. I am merely using RC servos on my setup, the camera is small only a few ounces but I think it is too heavy for the servos possibly. I would like to upgrade that PTZ platform to use some DC stepper motors assuming (and hoping) that would address and fix it.

With cameras trying to capture smooth footage it is unacceptable jitter, I know you are not using your airsoft gun for military purposes but if you needed to get rid of the shake I am talking about what would you do to your setup? Are you using servos or stepper motors currently?

I only see the jitter on occasion when using the iPhone for control. I believe the problem is in my code and not related to the servos. I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out what is going on.