Go Down

Topic: Baud Rate, Power, Calibration (Read 778 times) previous topic - next topic

eventhorizon

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on bipeds robots (BRAT and Scout). I have some questions regarding the baud rate. As for now, I'm using the Arduino software for my program because I don't have the ssc32 sequencer yet. I've done the programming, which I used loops, for my robot and not satisfied on it; how do I make the movements smoother? Is this because of the baud rate of 9600 which insufficient I should say? I can only get it to 9600 max because I'm only using a Atmel Mega 1280 (if I remember right) to operate the microcontroller that comes with the robot.  :smiley-roll:

I tried increasing the power by supplying another 5V.

Is there any software that I can use besides the scc32 sequencer because it will take a long time to get one in this place?

Another thing is: how to calibrate the servos. Like, I want to readjust them to 1500 as the center. Which software to use?

Thanks   :smiley-eek:

Simpson_Jr

Mar 05, 2011, 09:54 pm Last Edit: Mar 05, 2011, 09:57 pm by Simpson_Jr Reason: 1
I'm not familiar with the ssc32.

You can talk much faster with your serial ports, check the reference, section Serial, function begin().
begin()
Description

Sets the data rate in bits per second (baud) for serial data transmission. For communicating with the computer, use one of these rates: 300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 14400, 19200, 28800, 38400, 57600, or 115200. You can, however, specify other rates - for example, to communicate over pins 0 and 1 with a component that requires a particular baud rate.

By the way, increasing voltages isn't going to give you a higher baudrate...

Go Up