Go Down

Topic: What Replaced the Arduino Uno WiFi? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

achana

Website says the Uno WiFi has been retired.

Which new Uno model replaced it?

Does it have a data logger for probes e.g. temperature and pH?

Objective is to programme the Arduino Uno to log data periodically using a software switch when starting the logger. Then access the logger for data from a laptop and upload values to cloud, and clear the logger afterwards. Would be nice if the new Arduino Uno can be programmed to upload data via HTTPS.

It would be wonderful if I can access the data logger with Java instead of C or C++, because my codes eco-system is pretty big already.

Sorry, major noob where  :smiley-confuse:

robtillaart

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

westfw

Realistically, the wifi arduino products have been replaced by the ESP boards...

Juraj

Website says the Uno WiFi has been retired.

Which new Uno model replaced it?

Does it have a data logger for probes e.g. temperature and pH?

Objective is to programme the Arduino Uno to log data periodically using a software switch when starting the logger. Then access the logger for data from a laptop and upload values to cloud, and clear the logger afterwards. Would be nice if the new Arduino Uno can be programmed to upload data via HTTPS.

It would be wonderful if I can access the data logger with Java instead of C or C++, because my codes eco-system is pretty big already.

Sorry, major noob where  :smiley-confuse:
still interested or the previous comments helped?

mmesford

Juraj

westfw

The ESP8266 is a WiFi module that showed up from China, with ... unprecedented levels of documentation and support.
For less than $3 (less than $10 from USA redistributors.)   The original module was a sort of an 8-pin serial/wifi bridge/modem that you communicated with via async, but support for direct programming in C, Lua, Arduino, and Python showed up pretty quickly, along with additional modules having more pins, arduino-like development boards with simplified bootloading, and at least claims of FCC certification.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP8266
It's not perfect, but ... seems a lot better than an AVR32-based board.

More recently, the same company released the ESP32, which adds bluetooth support and assorted other enhancements.

SurfingDude

If you want the Arduino brand and a McAtmel processor look to the MKR1000. With a faster processor, more memory, and LiPo battery support it is a better solution than was the Uno WiFi.

However, the ESP8266 and even more the ESP32 boards can do you better.

Go Up