Complete newbie and looking for some help

Good day my name is Hillary Joseph. And as the title says I am a complete newbie to Arduino.
I have and Arduino UNO R3 with a touch screen and a 8 relay power module. What I would like to do is make a nice looking basic GUI for the touchscreen to control the relay modules. This is going to be completely basic power management ON/Off that is all.
If any on can help me with the code needed for the Arduino and the GUI, I will be greatly appreciative of it.

If by newbie you mean someone who eventually will learn to write code, you have to set the touch screen aside for a week or two months and go through the basics.

If not, move to the Gigs and Collaborations subforum and be prepared to pay.

HillaryJoseph:
If any on can help me with the code needed for the Arduino and the GUI

That isn't going to happen since you haven't done any work yourself.

Johan_Ha:
If by newbie you mean someone who eventually will learn to write code, you have to set the touch screen aside for a week or two months and go through the basics.

If not, move to the Gigs and Collaborations subforum and be prepared to pay.

I am wanting to learn because I love learning. The help I asked for is like having an example to study as I progress.

And thank you for the advice for the Gigs and Collaboration info, I don't mind paying for good help to complete something and gain knowledge to pass on to my kids.

I wonder if this Awind gui library would be helpful.

...R

items Arduino uno r3
Touchscreen
8ch relay module

Looking to do basic power management control On/Off. Needing a basic code and GUI. Yes I am learning from scratch and any help will be appreciated. By the end of this project I hope to have learned how to code and build a GUI for this controller.

Robin2:
I wonder if this Awind gui library would be helpful.

...R

#Robin 2 think you for the lead on the GUI. This helps as I am a hands on learner and a VET with not a lot of time as I am always in and out the VA.

Don't cross post.

How many dollars you want to spent for programmer?

Don't cross post.

With the specifications you posted (which are not even close to a rough description of what you want, let alone a detailed specification needed to make a sketch for it) there's no chance for people to build you a sketch.

For your project, you have to be clear what you want, or it's a non-starter. That is the same for all projects, big and small. OK, so it's power management. Manage power from what source? Based on what conditions? How much power (voltage, current)? For what load? Any fail safe mechanisms to be added?

User interface what info to be shown? In what way? (graphic, text, sound, indicator lights, etc). Does it take any user inputs? If so what and how?

Please don't cross post threads.

wvmarle:
Don't cross post.

With the specifications you posted (which are not even close to a rough description of what you want, let alone a detailed specification needed to make a sketch for it) there's no chance for people to build you a sketch.

For your project, you have to be clear what you want, or it's a non-starter. That is the same for all projects, big and small. OK, so it's power management. Manage power from what source? Based on what conditions? How much power (voltage, current)? For what load? Any fail safe mechanisms to be added?

User interface what info to be shown? In what way? (graphic, text, sound, indicator lights, etc). Does it take any user inputs? If so what and how?

The power source is 12v to to a 5v-12v 8 module relay it will be use to turn on accessories in a mobile set up. The GUI for the interface can just be 8 on/off switches nothing fancy. with a plane dark color background. Cost is something I will after to speak wit you about, because it is your time and skills that are helping me and I don't want to waste anyones time. As I am a disabled vet with limited income.

HillaryJoseph:
The power source is 12v to to a 5v-12v 8 module relay it will be use to turn on accessories in a mobile set up. The GUI for the interface can just be 8 on/off switches nothing fancy. with a plane dark color background.

Are you talking about a complete graphical thing here? I hope you realise that graphics and Arduinos are not good friends.

A set of eight indicator lights could do the same. Just on/off as the relays are on/off. Much cheaper to build and program (the LEDs can probably be directly connected to pin that drives the relays so no extra coding needed even).

wvmarle:
Are you talking about a complete graphical thing here? I hope you realise that graphics and Arduinos are not good friends.

A set of eight indicator lights could do the same. Just on/off as the relays are on/off. Much cheaper to build and program (the LEDs can probably be directly connected to pin that drives the relays so no extra coding needed even).

The gui of the touchscreen is to replace the rocker switches. it is meant to be the control panel of the micro-controler for the switching functions.

Gonna be tough to squeeze that in the little memory an Uno offers. Never tried, not sure if it's even possible. A Mega maybe.

So, the gui will be 8 squares on the screen coloured red or green according to whether the corresponding output is on or not. A touch toggles the output.

This relay module - does it just take 8 5v inputs, or do you need to communicate with it via some sort of protocol?

Make/Model of the touch screen?

I thought I had posted this here before but I guess not.
I was asked to do something very similar and my decision was to avoid Arduino altogether. Moved the project to a Raspberry Pi and it was much easier.

I can believe that.

Memory and amount of data to handle will be a great obstacle - Arduinos can handle touch screens as such but it's definitely not their forte. Myself if sticking to the embedded route I'd probably dig up my ESP32 for a project like this.

Handling the relays is trivial of course with an Arduino.

I didn't think about that, thank you. but I did think to use a sd card for the touchscreen GUI.