How to modify the voltage of solar charger?

The device built as above (post 77) works very well.

It passed the transportation test (aka being transported in a plastic bag, circuit in sight).

It is still in the "screws stage", next phase I will glue it up for ever.

Its "sister component" - aka the wind turbine is in the incipient stage - still to adapt a brushless motor as generator.

I will post pics of the photovoltaic device later on.

Thank you very much for your help that made possible the device!

+++

Questions I face now is how to electronically command the photovoltaic circuit to either charge or supply electricity?

Or, in other words, how to replace the manual switches by electronics?

The problem is I must use only diodes and maximum one bipolar transistor (no Mosfet) and passive components. No solenoid either.

These restrictions are from the fact that the project is a demo for kids, so I will have problems to explain more than that.

The solution I plan is to collect the small current from a photodiode (or a light sensor), to amplify it to the point it can close one branch of the SW1. And then find a way to close the other branch in a similar manner.

I could not find schematics for such a circuit. Except for something similar that I hope I can adapt- see bellow. I think I can replace the Source ("Voltage") by a photodiode.

+++

My question is: is it possible to adapt the circuit in the way I plan to?

Thank you very much for your kind, patient and wonderful help!How to modify the voltage of solar charger? - General Electronics - Arduino Forumtransistor relay .png|597x307

transistor relay .png