Help! DRONES WON'T TAKE OFF WITHOUT TIPPING

So I'm new to the software systems and programming side but not new to the mechanics of the drone world. I build and have built many DIY Drones including:
-Tarot 1100 Octo, 1760 rotors, 300kv Gartt motors, 40amp esc's, 2x 6s batteries, ardupilot 2.8 apm, hobbyking 6s PDB.

• I have a custom build and designed Xwing style 1000mm Carbon fiber Coaxial Quad, 750kv motors, 30amp esc's, 1555 in props, hobbyking PDB, APM2.8
    -a H.A.L. 550mm quad, 920kv motors, 30amp esc's, 1155 props, KK2.0 FC.
    -Tarot 690S hexacopter, 1355 props, 750kv motors, 30 amp Esc's and electronic landing gear
  • F500 quad, 920kv, 9 inch triblade DJI props, 30amp esc's.

I never really dealt with other systems other than the old school Tarot FC

I'm currently looking for advice as all my builds are dealing with the same major issue. Tip over on take off. No stable hover for more than a second or two.

I have tested all the usual suspects and all seem to be working and set properly:

• PID settings
  • Rotor Direction
  • Motor rotation direction
  • weight distribution
  • tuning
  • firmware
  • ESC Calibrations and programming
  • compass calibration

I have two Ardupilot APM's, a 2.6 and a 2.8. Both with most recent firmware and most stable version. Both are doing the same thing.

I fear I may be missing something really simple and stupid, but I'm a beginner in the world of programming and have only been using Arduino based systems for around a year, have multiple UnoR3, Micros, mega, and a bunch of RPI systems

Please help as I would love my birds to fly!

You realize that nobody here knows anything about your "bird" other than the fact that it flips over right? What do you really think anyone can do to help with only that piece of information? Don't you think you should provide some detail if you want someone to be able to troubleshoot the thing? Or do you think all flip-overs are caused by the same issue?

Delta_G:
You realize that nobody here knows anything about your "bird" other than the fact that it flips over right? What do you really think anyone can do to help with only that piece of information? Don't you think you should provide some detail if you want someone to be able to troubleshoot the thing? Or do you think all flip-overs are caused by the same issue?

Very helpful delta... as I said. I do not think all flip overs are the same... I figure I'm most likely missing something simple. What tech specs would you like. As I said, if you even read it, I am very new to programming...
And judging by your directly rude response, I'm assuming that even if I did give you more specs, your attitude might have been similar... I apologize for wasting your time. I'd love advice and help if you would be willing but I'd prefer to do without the sarcasm

How was that rude? I was just pointing out that you didn't provide ANY information that anyone could use to help you. It is impossible to debug what you can't see. You don't have to be an expert programmer to be able to understand that. Just mildly intelligent.

Delta_G:
How was that rude? I was just pointing out that you didn't provide ANY information that anyone could use to help you. It is impossible to debug what you can't see. You don't have to be an expert programmer to be able to understand that. Just mildly intelligent.

Delta, I understand that an apologize for reading both your comments as rude. Any help would be appreciated as apperently I am not "Mildly intelligent" enough to give you more than the technical specs which I provided. I'd be happy to give you what datalogs and PID settings I have if that would help you... I'm just a Search and Rescue Paramedic who knows how to build and fix pretty much anything technical, just dont know much about the programming and coding side which is what I'm trying to learn by posting this as I seem to have hit a wall. Will you help me? I would much prefer the help as opposed to someone trolling my posts calling me less than mildly intelligent.

You might get more help if you didn't post your question on multiple forums so diluting the information. Help, DIY drones aren't flying - Motors, Mechanics, Power and CNC - Arduino Forum

BTW the way it works round here is if you want help with a program the first thing you do is post the program and provide the details needed for us to understand what you're trying to do with it.

You may well be missing something simple but since we can't see what you currently have how on earth can we tell?

Steve

You gotta give us at least enough detail to imagine what we're talking about. Describe the issue in detail. It tips over? Always to one side? How long into the flight? All the sudden? Only when you maneuver? You can see the thing. We can't. So you have to bridge that gap. Think about what someone might need to know.

For example you say you're a paramedic. So my friend says his back hurts. What's wrong with him? Can you tell without knowing anything more? No you can't. And that's the situation you've put us in.

Delta_G:
You gotta give us at least enough detail to imagine what we're talking about. Describe the issue in detail. It tips over? Always to one side? How long into the flight? All the sudden? Only when you maneuver? You can see the thing. We can't. So you have to bridge that gap. Think about what someone might need to know.

For example you say you're a paramedic. So my friend says his back hurts. What's wrong with him? Can you tell without knowing anything more? No you can't. And that's the situation you've put us in.

Delta. I do understand and apologize... New to this forum too. I will post videos and pictures of a couple builds and the video will be the Tip over... it tips different directions every time, it generally happens as it's just about to lift off, about 60% throttle. I have been using the s500 build to test as that one has flown with a different FC. The trimming doesn't seem to do all that much to fix the Tip over. Sometimes it tips right, sometimes left, sometimes forward, sometimes backward. Always on level surface. Two days ago I sort of did a jump start and throttled up quick... got it in the air about 5 feet high for almost a whole 2 seconds before it flipped and crashed... no damage but would like to avoid that in the future. I've calibrated the ESC's with 2 separate cards and the transmitter. Still the same problem... I've adjusted the PID settings both ways, wrote parameters, still same problem... motor and rotor spin direction is all correct. It holds a Tarot 2D Gyro Camera gimbal and camera, I'm running flureon 3s 3300mah batteries and 920kv DJI motors, 1145 Props, and I believe hobbyking platinum 30a ESC's. I have the latest firmware on the APM 2.8 and every time I update I always run a full calibration of the accelerometer and compass.

I will post a link to videos as soon as I post them.

And thank you Steve, your comment and delta's have helped me understand this forum a bit better and I appreciate the help