Go Down

Topic: PCB Etching: Photo-sensitive film, LaserJet, or (?)  (Read 863 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

Here's a thread with good discussion of milling machines. https://www.avrfreaks.net/comment/1548561#comment-1548561 where I voice my generally poor impression of even the professional-class mills like LPKF, when talking about modern PCBs.  (I have an LPKF.  Recently I've been sending designs to OSHPark (for small boards) or China (up to 100x100mm.  SO MUCH NICER!)

uxomm

Thanks Southpark and westfw for the useful information!
And sorry for pulling the thread somehow off topic. :)
Always decouple electronic circuitry.

Southpark

Thanks Southpark and westfw for the useful information!
And sorry for pulling the thread somehow off topic. :)
Most welcome uxomm. I thought you were the 'OP' when I was posting to your reply. But that's ok. I would have replied anyway.

holesflow

Then I found out how cheaply the chinese board houses would make me beautiful looking, double-sided boards with proper surface treatment, soldermask, and so on. Haven't looked back.
Would it be OK with the mods if I asked the group about their experiences with various 'slow boat' houses for outsourced board production?
It's technically still on topic, as we're discussing methods of getting boards 'component-ready".
P.S. Is there a standard file format they all take, like Gerber, etc. that identified holes to drill, etc.?
Thanks!
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.
"If you drop it and it breaks, it was good." ~ Mr. William Lehr, my Electronics VoTech Teacher, on testing vacuum tubes. RIP

Go Up