Go Down

Topic: Connect my led strips (12v) to arduino  (Read 7929 times) previous topic - next topic

DrDiettrich

You could do a quality check on all items, including power supplies, but I fear that you can't do that :-(

CrossRoads

Why aren't you  using TPIC6B595 for the segments? One shift register per digit, vs 2 chips. No problem driving 9 LED strips either.

Here's a board I offer that will drive 12 digits, driving 3 and 6 LED strips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZ0Mr51jUY

http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

KeketteStyle

Aug 26, 2018, 10:19 am Last Edit: Aug 26, 2018, 01:40 pm by KeketteStyle
CrossRoad, Tpic6b595 Can replace uln2803 + 74hc595 ?

This is my circuit :

What do you think ?

Paul__B

TPIC6B595 Can replace uln2803 + 74hc595 ?
Not "can", absolutely should!

Wawa

OP did already get that advice 45 posts ago, and ignored it.
Leo..

Paul__B

Sometimes, in the process of learning, repetition helps.  :smiley-cool:

Used to be very popular in primary school, not so sure what they do nowadays. :smiley-eek:

CrossRoads

CrossRoad, Tpic6b595 Can replace uln2803 + 74hc595 ?
As stated a few times already, yes.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

KeketteStyle

Thanks and sorry guys, this is my first arduino project and there is too much information, I can't assimilate all of these info :)

Keep in touch, I'll come back to show you my project

ReverseEMF

It works well for 1 hour and then... boom
Was that a one-time event?  Could be a coincidence. 
"It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott"

Please DON'T Private Message to me, what should be part of the Public Conversation -- especially if it's to correct a mistake, or contradict a statement!  Let it ALL hang out!!

Go Up