Go Down

Topic: Arduino - WiFi connection through serial (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

wvmarle

It's WiFi, so expect to get as far. So typically 0-50 meters, depending on the environment. Maybe a little more if you have a very clean line of sight and no other networks around that cause interference.
Just try it with your phone - about as poor an antenna as those modules have. An external antenna will normally give you a better range.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

360modena_cs

If I use this component:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331976853568?ViewItem=&item=331976853568

with level shifters (5V to 3.3V and vice-versa)

instead of this component:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/rfm69hcw-hookup-guide

with Arduinos of course, will it work?? Has anyone experience?

Thank you...

wvmarle

The Sparkfun one has the same module, but on a breakout board for easy connection and the two required capacitors installed already. Otherwise, they're the same.

The e-bay module you link to fits perfectly on a standard ESP-12 breakout board, by the way. Same footprint.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

360modena_cs

Jul 16, 2018, 11:40 am Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018, 11:41 am by 360modena_cs
The Sparkfun one has the same module, but on a breakout board for easy connection and the two required capacitors installed already. Otherwise, they're the same.

Do I need those capacitors?

wvmarle

360modena_cs

Jul 16, 2018, 12:44 pm Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018, 03:21 pm by 360modena_cs
I see only one capacitor (red arrow)...see attachment

360modena_cs

wvmarle

Manufacturer's data sheet.
P.77 you see the circuit - a 104 and a 105 so 100n and 1µ; the first for filtering, the second for decoupling; other circuits that I find suggest a 47µ cap, and Sparkfun apparently settled on 10µF decoupling.

360modena_cs

Manufacturer's data sheet.
P.77 you see the circuit - a 104 and a 105 so 100n and 1µ; the first for filtering, the second for decoupling;
I suppose I put ceramic capacitors, not electrolytic, right?

wvmarle

100n ceramic
1-10µ electrolytic (ceramic may work as well)

Go Up