Go Down

Topic: PWM on the ground and vice versa (Read 340 times) previous topic - next topic

iacoposk8

Hello everyone! Yesterday I accidentally connected my servomotor (mg996r) to the contrary, then the PWM on the ground and vice versa.
Before this connection the sketch moved the servomotor correctly, now I have connected it correctly but the servomotor makes very small movements and then remains still.
I thought I had ruined the servomotor so I connected a new one of the same type, but I have the same problem.
I tried to connect the sg90 and it works, I can not figure out what the problem is.
thank you.

Robin2

I wonder if you have damaged the Arduino I/O pin that you are using for the servo signal.

Try using a different pin for the servo signal and make sure to connect it properly.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

iacoposk8

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately it doesn't work with another pin, with mg996r, only sg90

Wawa

An MG996R servo has a stall current of 2.5Amp@6volt (The SG90 is only 650mA).
How are you powering it. I hope not from Arduino's 5volt pin.
Leo..

Southpark

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately it doesn't work with another pin, with mg996r, only sg90
Are you saying that the system still works ..... and it works ONLY with the SG90? If that's the case, then - as wawa indicated ------ the system isn't going to work (in its concurrent configuration) because the arduino is unable to supply the MG996R with the amount of power that the MG996R requires. You need to use separate (and adequate) power supply to make the MG996R function in the way you want.

Go Up