Go Down

Topic: Powering two arduinos with a 12v car battery (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ReverseEMF

Jul 18, 2018, 09:11 pm Last Edit: Jul 18, 2018, 09:13 pm by ReverseEMF
And what..if, again, I many ask...is this all intended to achieve.  And, finally, what was the question, again -- in other words, what remains unanswered at this point, what do you need help with.

Originally it was about

• "stepping down current" right, and that is sufficiently answered, no?
  • "powering a bunch of stuff", still unclear?
  • "Electrical noise vs Analog Readings?"  It would help to know exactly what you are trying to read, with what sensors?  Also, what do you mean by "only digital reading"?  If they are Analog Signals, then I'm unclear what you mean by "Digital Reading"?  Or has that already been answered?

And, I hope my tone doesn't sound snarky or rude. I'm just trying, in an efficient manner, to get to some clarity on where we are, and what remains to be done ;)
"It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott"

Please DON'T PM me regarding what should be part of the Public Conversation -- Let it ALL hang out!!
Unless, of course, it's to notify me of a mistake.

syka2210

The step down current has been cleared, thank you for that.
Powering a bunch of stuff was referring to how many amps does different parts draw from the step up module, in order to see if it can supply that many amps. I have already bought two models, both of them rated at 3A max output, and i will begin making some test, to see how hot they get.
About the electrical noise, i am trying to connect a potentiometer to a stepper motor, (keep in mind that if i have problem with the electrical noise, i will abandon this ideea for the moment), but the catch is that the potentiometer is from a car gas pedal.

No your tone does not sound rude, i am aware that all of you are trying to help me, and i am very thankful for that, despite the lack of information i am providing.

The main idea of what i am trying to accomplish is a sequential gearbox changer. sort of. the two motors control the translation and rotation of a gear shifter. the hall sensors gives me the speed of the wheel and the rot/min of the engine. the second stepper is an idea to change the wire throttle to a electric/stepper throttle. on second thoughts, this stepper might as well have its own independent small arduino board, because i don't need any data for the other boards from it. I will try in the next month to advance with this, but i am still waiting for some mechanical parts. Hopefully i will manage to post some pictures of it, to give a better idea of everything.
We believe in better. And cake, definitely cake!

ReverseEMF

Jul 19, 2018, 08:37 pm Last Edit: Jul 19, 2018, 08:38 pm by ReverseEMF
About the electrical noise, i am trying to connect a potentiometer to a stepper motor, (keep in mind that if i have problem with the electrical noise, i will abandon this ideea for the moment), but the catch is that the potentiometer is from a car gas pedal.

No your tone does not sound rude, i am aware that all of you are trying to help me, and i am very thankful for that, despite the lack of information i am providing.

The main idea of what i am trying to accomplish is a sequential gearbox changer. sort of. the two motors control the translation and rotation of a gear shifter. the hall sensors gives me the speed of the wheel and the rot/min of the engine. the second stepper is an idea to change the wire throttle to a electric/stepper throttle. on second thoughts, this stepper might as well have its own independent small arduino board, because i don't need any data for the other boards from it. I will try in the next month to advance with this, but i am still waiting for some mechanical parts. Hopefully i will manage to post some pictures of it, to give a better idea of everything.
Yup, photos and a diagram (or three -- 'cuz the one you supplies really doesn't seem to tell the whole story) would help immensely -- unless someone else chimes in with knowledge of what you're doing ;)
"It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott"

Please DON'T PM me regarding what should be part of the Public Conversation -- Let it ALL hang out!!
Unless, of course, it's to notify me of a mistake.

Go Up