Go Down

Topic: tackling a logistical task. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

hammy

Cars and their batteries seem to co exist in millions of examples so I'm lost as to what the problem is about . If you want to charge a second battery in your car look at split charging relays .

sergbot

You have a car? That is a huge upgrade since you started with only a car battery a few days ago.

Goodbye.
heh nice guy.

So we started with a battery and a generator.
Then a solar cell was added.
Now a car.
It really makes me wonder what more is missing from the whole picture.
You know, it works a lot better if you give the whole picture from the start, because now there will always be the question "what other important info are you keeping from us?"
oh right, there is also 500 nuclear power plants and a satellite involved.
lol why are you guys so offended? isn't a car just a alternator that is always on with a voltage regulator?

Cars and their batteries seem to co exist in millions of examples so I'm lost as to what the problem is about . If you want to charge a second battery in your car look at split charging relays .

i want to charge the car battery with solar instead of spending gas on it. But i'd also like the car to function at night too.

wvmarle

You ask a question - we come with a solution - but that solution can't work because of ... (some undisclosed part of the project).

Providing information piecemeal is a waste of time. It's irritating. As a result this is reply #17 and the actual problem you have is not even clear yet.

What parts do you have, really?

What is the actual problem you ran into?

What do you even do with that battery that makes it discharge this much? Normally the car battery is primarily for starting the engine, after which it's basically trickle charged hardly taking any power from your engine. Not likely your solar panels are going to be any cheaper than the bit of gas you may save.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

TomGeorge

Jul 29, 2018, 05:23 am Last Edit: Jul 29, 2018, 05:24 am by TomGeorge
Hi,

Can you tell us the complete story, what is the application?

• The generator motor is running as a charging backup to the PV array?
  • How big is the Generator, Volts, Current, Power?
  • How big is the Battery Volts, Ah?
  • How big, what is, the Load, Volts, Amps. Power.

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up