Go Down

Topic: Web Interface for ESP32 Project (Read 731 times) previous topic - next topic

theZaX

I am working on a project that involves moving various servos and lights and I need a good UI to work with the device. I've previously used Blynk, which worked very well but I didn't like some of the limits it has. My current code works with Blynk and I'd like to change it to a web server so it can work on any device without an app or internet connection.

Right now my esp configures itself as an access point and I can navigate to its IP address to get to my "hello world file" but after that I'm stuck. What really stumps me is getting the input from the interface that I make in HTML, I could fairly easily make an arrangement of buttons, sliders, and fields, that fits my need but how do I get the value of these as a variable in my arduino code?

I've seen some examples of code that are very simple essentially a couple buttons redirect to different web pages on the server and it takes these commands to assign a variable, but that seems kind of poor form, is there a better way, or how do I make that work with a complex interface with many buttons and switches.

I've heard of Jquery and ajax but not familiar on how to make this work with Arduino code.

ieee488

I'd like to change it to a web server so it can work on any device without an app or internet connection.

So, you want it to work only when you are at home?

Go Up