Go Down

Topic: A modified version of VidorDrawLogo won't run. (Read 957 times) previous topic - next topic

tomtom2770

Aug 05, 2018, 01:43 pm Last Edit: Aug 05, 2018, 01:44 pm by tomtom2770
Same result for me...

Code: [Select]

FPGA init done
Vidor bitstream version: FFFFFFFF
number of devices 0

Maybe we should rename the thread into a more general problem (if possible)?

loopmasta

Aug 05, 2018, 09:10 pm Last Edit: Aug 05, 2018, 10:03 pm by loopmasta
Same here. But its also the original 'VidorDrawLogo' program that doesn't work for me. It starts and takes about 85 seconds to complete with no visual result.

Maybe we should rename the thread into a more general problem (if possible)?
Yep

mphillips53

I don't get any HDMI output from any of these sketches, including the boot screen after double tap.

FrederickZh

Aug 06, 2018, 10:19 am Last Edit: Aug 06, 2018, 10:22 am by FrederickZh
Well... It seems that there are actually different issues going on here.

Scenario 1:
  • Double-click reset, no Arduino logo shows up in bootloader mode
  • Program uploading sometimes/always breaks

I don't get any HDMI output from any of these sketches, including the boot screen after double tap.
Suggestion: Potentially corrupted bootloader. Try following the instructions in https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=561393.0 to fix it. If it still doesn't work, try getting a better power supply, e.g. phone charger.

Scenario 2:
  • Double-click reset, Arduino logo shows up normally
  • Program uploads normally
  • Completely no output to the display when running the sketch

I can flash the program without problem, but it won't run. I see nothing to the TV.
If I double-tap quickly the reset on the board the Arduino Logo start OK.
It seems that OP is the only one who's experiencing this issue... No idea why...

Scenario 3:
  • Only the bootloader logo shows up when running the VidorDrawLogo sketch

I just changed the color of the background in the example script, uploaded successfully and still can't see anything. When starting in bootloader mode (double click) the "normal" Arduino logo on a white background appears.
The program is loaded correctly but then the usual logo remains instead of the modified one.
...and many.

This is also the issue that I'm currently experiencing.
FPGA.begin() returns normally in this case but FPGA.version() just returns 0xFFFFFFFF, which causes FPGA.ready() to fail as well.

cdicaprio

Hello to all,
is there anyone who tried to uninstall the arduino program? I will do a test tonight, as the last test.
I dn't know what to do. I don't have much hope of seeing the board working.

I've already asked the store how to send the board back. But for now I have not received answers.

Regards
Clemente

mphillips53

Well... It seems that there are actually different issues going on here.

Scenario 1:
  • Double-click reset, no Arduino logo shows up in bootloader mode
  • Program uploading sometimes/always breaks
Suggestion: Potentially corrupted bootloader. Try following the instructions in https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=561393.0 to fix it. If it still doesn't work, try getting a better power supply, e.g. phone charger.

Scenario 2:
  • Completely no output to the display when running the sketch
It seems that OP is the only one who's experiencing this issue... No idea why...

Scenario 3:
  • Only the bootloader logo shows up when running the VidorDrawLogo sketch
...and many.

This is also the issue that I'm currently experiencing.
FPGA.begin() returns normally in this case but FPGA.version() just returns 0xFFFFFFFF, which causes FPGA.ready() to fail as well.
All of the sample sketches upload without error.  All reset the processor without error.  Even though I don't get any hdmi output,  using fpga and samd print statements prove that the processor and fpga are able to execute the api provided.  After uploading a sketch, I try using a 5 volt 2 amp charger.  I get no hdmi output either at boot or during the execution of the sketch.

FrederickZh

Hello to all,
is there anyone who tried to uninstall the arduino program? I will do a test tonight, as the last test.
I dn't know what to do. I don't have much hope of seeing the board working.

I've already asked the store how to send the board back. But for now I have not received answers.

Regards
Clemente
I tried uninstalling the stable version and getting a beta one instead... didn't help at all :(

mundosimaginados

Hello,

I'having the same issues.

In my case I can load the logo schectk with success.

But I can't see the image in my main TV. (This TV is HDMI compliance and works with others HDMI devices. This TV is 7 years old)

I've a second smaller TV and in this one I can achieve to see the logo. The screen flashes one time each second. Black/logo and so on.

It seems that it's related to power or related to HDMI version... I tried in the first TV with 2A charger witouth success.

Regards.

Carlos

DarioPennisi

hi guys,
i'm sorry you're experiencing all these troubles.
for those who are not able to see anything after successfully downloading the sketch and the fpga image the issue may be related to the serial port... please see https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=560647.msg3832922#msg3832922

riccardo_giacomazzi

for those who are not able to see anything after successfully downloading the sketch and the fpga image the issue may be related to the serial port... please see https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=560647.msg3832922#msg3832922

It is not my case.
The serial runs regularly, the FPGA.begin () test is passed successfully, but all the functions of the graphics library called in the loop end by timeout after 5 seconds.

Should the FPGA image in the graphics library respond to the FPGA.version () call? To me and others it returns 0xFFFFFFFF.

Can you verify that the image on GitHub is not wrong?

cdicaprio

Hello Dario,
It is not my case too. I can see serial output using the Riccardo program.

mundosimaginados

Hello,

In my case I deleted the lines related to serial port maintaining the 4 seconds for initialization in my test...

Still having same issue.

Please give us a solution because the HDMI is a really good feature for our proyects and now is in fail.

sandeepmistry

Aug 07, 2018, 11:13 pm Last Edit: Aug 07, 2018, 11:15 pm by sandeepmistry
Hi Everyone,

There was some issues with the bitstream provided in the original VidorGraphics library. We've pushed an updated version to Github: https://github.com/vidor-libraries/VidorGraphics

Please re-download the library and add to your sketchbook to get the fixes.

a2retro

Hi Sandeep, I tried the new code on Win 7 and Win 10. Same issue, no HDMI display, nothing has changed for me. I have also tried it without the serial connection as well.

sandeepmistry

Hi @a2retro,

Is there anything outputted on the Serial monitor?

Go Up