Go Down

Topic: A modified version of VidorDrawLogo won't run. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

cdicaprio

Hi Sandeep,
I have updated all the Vidor libraries using the Arduino IDE. Then I tried the VidorDrawLogo and the Riccardo test program. For both program I had the default Arduino logo on video, but with the serial output. I did the test with the Vidor board connnected to  my PC trough a powered USB hub.
Attached the compilation log for the Riccardo test program.
This is the output:
Code: [Select]

[00021231] Start screen draw...
[00026232] ...filled...
[00031233] ...Circle1...
[00036234] ...Circle2...
[00041235] ...circle3...
[00046236] ...Circle4...
[00051237] ...Rect1...
[00056238] ...Rect2...
[00061239] ...Rect3...
[00081243] ---printed TEST...
[00091245] ...printed TM...
[00091245] ...STOP!

Regards
Clemente

jcristine

Did anyone get the Arduino Logo to update?  I've read many thread posts and it looks like - no.

I am having the same issue.  Looks like each call to the FPGA is ending with a timeout and after more than a minute no update to the screen (same unmodified Arduino logo).  I did put some debug code in - serial monitor is working and code runs end-to-end (slowly).

I also downloaded the new Vidor Graphics Lib from Github, August 7th - no change.  Still no update to the HDMI - just the "stock" Arduino logo.

Thank you - jc

DarioPennisi

Hi guys,
we found the issue and are in the process of validating and releasing it. we expect to push the update on monday. the issue is that the flash needs to be programmed with a flag that enables it to use quad spi commands and vidorgraphics needs that as it runs part of the code from there. a piece of code that was supposed to do it stopped working due to a modification we did last minute and we didn't recognize it as once flash has been programmed once it'll retain the setting.

I want to personally apologize for the trouble you are having and thank you for your patience.

cdicaprio

Aug 10, 2018, 04:02 pm Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018, 04:02 pm by cdicaprio
Hi guys,
we found the issue and are in the process of validating and releasing it. we expect to push the update on monday. the issue is that the flash needs to be programmed with a flag that enables it to use quad spi commands and vidorgraphics needs that as it runs part of the code from there. a piece of code that was supposed to do it stopped working due to a modification we did last minute and we didn't recognize it as once flash has been programmed once it'll retain the setting.

I want to personally apologize for the trouble you are having and thank you for your patience.
It's a wonderful news!
Many thanks Dario.

DarioPennisi

hi guys,
we just pushed the new image on git. for those who are downloading it manually you have to fetch it from github.
note that now libraries have also been officially included in library manager and should also update shortly (it's an automated process).
note that the first time you load the sketch it may lock up (the flash reconfiguration takes a while). just reload a second time and from there on the board will work as intended.
let me have feedback if anyone still has trouble.

please note also that a SAMD bootloader update is coming. this will allow bootloader to automatically reload the boot image so that you don't have to power cycle the board to ensure you are in boot image.
the bootloader update will be a sketch you load and then interactively (through serial port) requests for confirmation. needless to say you will have to be extra careful not to power off when upgrading bootloader. in order to be sure to be able to support you in case of trouble bootloader update will be published on monday.

riccardo_giacomazzi

This time it works!!!   :smiley-grin:

Code: [Select]
Vidor bitstream version: 1010105
number of devices 10
1 02000000 MB_DEV_GPIO
1 03000000 MB_DEV_GFX
2 04000000 MB_DEV_I2C
1 05000000 MB_DEV_SPI
1 06000000 MB_DEV_UART
1 07000000 MB_DEV_QR
1 08000000 MB_DEV_SDRAM
11 09000000 MB_DEV_NP
11 0A000000 MB_DEV_ENC
0 0B000000 MB_DEV_REG
[00007244] Start screen draw...
[00007519] ...filled...
[00007552] ...Circle1...
[00007586] ...Circle2...
[00007613] ...circle3...
[00007641] ...Circle4...
[00007643] ...Rect1...
[00007645] ...Rect2...
[00007647] ...Rect3...
[00007654] ---printed TEST...
[00007657] ...printed TM...
[00007657] ...STOP!

DarioPennisi

sorry it took 3 pages of the forum but at least it is solved now, also thanks to your patience and feedback.
btw, i am working on adding multiple fonts and extending gfx library to work also on neopixel buffers. basically you will be able to drive big neopixel panels, draw on multiple buffers and have fpga switch buffers in a timed way (to do animations), perform scrolling and of course use gfx to draw onto these buffers.

stay tuned...

cdicaprio

sorry it took 3 pages of the forum but at least it is solved now, also thanks to your patience and feedback.
btw, i am working on adding multiple fonts and extending gfx library to work also on neopixel buffers. basically you will be able to drive big neopixel panels, draw on multiple buffers and have fpga switch buffers in a timed way (to do animations), perform scrolling and of course use gfx to draw onto these buffers.

stay tuned...
It works for me too Dario many  thanks !!!

AriaMoKr

hi guys,
we just pushed the new image on git. for those who are downloading it manually you have to fetch it from github.
note that now libraries have also been officially included in library manager and should also update shortly (it's an automated process).
note that the first time you load the sketch it may lock up (the flash reconfiguration takes a while). just reload a second time and from there on the board will work as intended.
let me have feedback if anyone still has trouble.

please note also that a SAMD bootloader update is coming. this will allow bootloader to automatically reload the boot image so that you don't have to power cycle the board to ensure you are in boot image.
the bootloader update will be a sketch you load and then interactively (through serial port) requests for confirmation. needless to say you will have to be extra careful not to power off when upgrading bootloader. in order to be sure to be able to support you in case of trouble bootloader update will be published on monday.
This resolved the issue I was having. Thanks!

Go Up