Go Down

Topic: icestudio as schematic editor (Read 211 times) previous topic - next topic

blackt1ger

Has anybody have any success with synthesizing Verilog from icestudio on the Vidor?

DarioPennisi

Hi,
Not sure what you're trying to achieve however our source code is using systemverilog extensions which require an advanced synthesis tool. I would suggest you try quartus, the Intel tool we're using as well.

riccardo_giacomazzi

I think ICEStudio works only with Lattice FPGAs.

blackt1ger

actually, IceStudio is a schematic / Verilog editor.  The schematic gets churned into Verilog and then it kicks off whatever tools you have in your flow.

DarioPennisi

Hi,
if you're planning to use that to generate code to be compiled on quartus then i don't see why that should not work.
as mentioned above, if on the other hand you want to compile our IP blocks on a different synthesis tool then likely it will fail because it may not have all the systemverilog extensions required and in the end the bitstream you will produce will not be compatible with Vidor anyway.

in any case if you want to try adding quartus support to icestudio i'm more than open to support you.

Go Up