Go Down

Topic: In-circuit programmer for M0-mini (Read 136 times) previous topic - next topic

ogogon

Greetings, colleagues!

On one of the sites, in the description clon of M0-mini, it is he,

I read that its ISP connector is not designed for its programming, but it is installed to output the SPI-interface. And you can program M0-mini only through the SWD interface.

I have already ceased to understand anything at all. It seems that this processor was developed by aliens, and only for themselves.

Now I use USBtinyISP and it does not cause problems for me.
Advise, please, what kind of not very expensive intrasystem programmer will I need to set the loader and load the program?
I'm using Arduino-IDE on Mac OS X.

Ogogon.

Juraj

you have the USB port. what you want to program over SWD?
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

ogogon

The USB port will be used for other purposes - I want to learn its programming.

I'm planning to install a bootloader for a com-port, such is in Arduino-IDE and is called "Arduino / Genuino Zero (Programming port)". Or, if this does not work for some reason, use an in-circuit programmer for downloading.

But still, please answer my question - will the "traditional" ICSP, with logical levels in 3.3V, fully work with this processor? Or for him to use something different, special?

And why on the connector is written ISCP, and he, according to some explanations, is not suitable for this?

Ogogon.

Juraj

Aug 10, 2018, 02:12 pm Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018, 02:20 pm by Juraj
But still, please answer my question - will the "traditional" ICSP, with logical levels in 3.3V, fully work with this processor? Or for him to use something different, special?

And why on the connector is written ISCP, and he, according to some explanations, is not suitable for this?

Ogogon.
it is not ICSP. on Uno sized M0, it is there for SPI shields. it is the only connection point for SPI on M0 so it makes sense on the Mini version too.

the programming port uses an additional chip on board of M0 Pro or Zero.

cheapest programmer I could find was 35 Euro.
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

ogogon

Thank you, I already understood this.

Tell me what equipment is needed for the intrasystem programming of this platform. Of course, I would like it to be compatible with Arduino-IDE.

Ogogon.

Juraj

Aug 10, 2018, 02:26 pm Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018, 02:30 pm by Juraj
Thank you, I already understood this.

Tell me what equipment is needed for the intrasystem programming of this platform. Of course, I would like it to be compatible with Arduino-IDE.

Ogogon.
I did not buy the programmer :-). I will upload over Ethernet and that can be done with existing bootloader

this Adafruit blog could help you

Go Up